Windows phone 7.8 coming Nov. 28th?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to need a pick me up by Wednesday. After have all week off last week and now having to work a full week. This will help ease the pain if true.

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It hasn't confirmed, but all the recent rumors point to it being true. Like Microsoft saying it's coming in a few weeks, and that it's been released to RTM. Let's just hope it's coming via zune and passing carries like Microsoft promised.

Alex_Hong

May 11, 2012
Visit site
That would be great news if true. However being a BlackBerry user, i take these kind of things with a pinch of salt. hahahaha. But would love to have 7.8 before this year is over.

The way i see it, MS and Nokia has no reason to delay 7.8. There are already a group of people using Tango/Mango devices, and if they can have the start screen of WP8, it would show people how awesome the Metro start screen is. :D

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I too would love to have 7.8 before the end of the year. It would make for a nice Christmas present since my birthday has already passed :wink:

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Back in June when this 7.8 was announced there was a lot of talk about this update being provide directly to the users, bypassing the carriers. Now more and more there is talk about the carriers possibly not allowing this. What happened? Did Microsoft fold under pressure from AT&T?

Also keep in mind that most, if not all 2nd generation WP7 devices from AT&T never got the 8107 or higher (I think that's the right number) and are still stuck with the disappearing keyboard bug. In the very beginning Microsoft said that the carriers will only be able to block an update and will allow the following one, which would include the blocked update. We all know how that turned out.

Maybe I missed it but I do not remember seeing anywhere whether the 7.8 update will include all previous updates or will it be just a face lift.

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The email I got from 'Stephen Elop' @ Nokia said 1st Quarter 2013, so I doubt there is any truth to this (I quote his name because I doubt it is actually him responding).

People have been saying that it will be out in the next few days, next week, in the next few weeks, for weeks now. Until MS says that its coming, I dont expect to see anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2