MS Official Word on 7.8 | Hot of the press

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Just came in as of 3:02pm EST
An update on Windows Phone 7.8

Windows Phone 7.8 also includes some other cool stuff. It doubles the number of theme and accent colors?to 20?so you can make your phone even more personal. There are also new lock screen features: the option to automatically display the Bing Picture of the Day plus the ?A1B2C3? PIN/password challenge to prevent accidental device wipes on phones connected to Exchange accounts.

blah blah blah

We know you?re eager to get the Windows Phone 7.8 update, and we want you to know that we?re working closely with our hardware and carrier partners to get it tested, approved, and rolled out to as many devices as possible in early 2013. As we work to quickly get this in the hands of our loyal users, we?re also striving to deliver a high-quality release and ensure a smooth transition for our widely expanded services.

Thank you for your support of Windows Phone.

I know....I know MS doesn't say much...

dba415

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't care about windows phone 7 anymore. They are devoting everything to the windows 8 platform. That is the future.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you think the "lock screen features" includes the ability to customize which notifications are present there? I know it includes the Bing lock screen and, as it says above, whatever that password thing is, but I'm curious if the notification customization will be available, too.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't care about windows phone 7 anymore. They are devoting everything to the windows 8 platform. That is the future.

Do they think that by dropping support for the previous version people will go to the new? This is not making me want to sign a contract and get WP8.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
MS isn't dropping support for 7.x.

NEW 7.x devices will continue to be sold around the world as low-end smartphones.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If they're still working on it, then an exact date may really be too much to ask. That may have a goal of releasing it ASAP. So if it passes QA, then they'll have a release date. If it doesn't pass QA, it will take longer.

They probably don't want to rush this out.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it a risky move to push this into the new year without a date certain. At least a month certain. Early 2013 could be anywhere from Jan to the end of March. A full 4 months from now. I'm already getting a sense that my Nokia 900 "beta test" phone has outlived its importance and MS main focus is its new flagship 8 and beyond. Whatever the case, not much I can do about it right now.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think it a risky move to push this into the new year without a date certain. At least a month certain. Early 2013 could be anywhere from Jan to the end of March. A full 4 months from now. I'm already getting a sense that my Nokia 900 "beta test" phone has outlived its importance and MS main focus is its new flagship 8 and beyond. Whatever the case, not much I can do about it right now.

That's what im thinking about my Focus Flash.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

IM4CHRST

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually wrote a letter to Steve Ballmer stating how the early/mid-term adopters who can't upgrade right now were the foundation that helped build this platform into what it is today. All I stated my case and asked for just some sign of appreciation for those of us who stuck by and advocated for the OS. So provided the email address I got from a website was correct, the phone number they had listed was, hopefully I can get some sort of a response from an aid or something and maybe it will go somewhere. Probably not though, my email was sent yesterday.

At least when I emailed Stephen Elop over Nokia support completely disregarding my 7 defective Lumia 900's, I got a call from his assistant with a couple hours and had my issues resolved. They were prompt and eager to find out my needs and meet them. Hope Big Microsoft would have such practices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss