Hey all,

I just picked up an 8X last night and have donated my Focus S to my mother (I had to get her off that damn LG flip-phone!). That's great, I have her SIM activated and the handset is ready to be wiped... Except for a "few" important things.

I have approximately 9000 messages with one person, that if I would do anything in the world to keep.. The only problem is my phone is tango'd with the Samsung LE2 update... So I can't interop/root anymore.

Is there any way at all to...?
    a) backup SMS
    b) extract SMS from a Zune backup
    c) does anyone have any other brainy ideas?

Going through and copying these messages one by one is impractical, and I don't think I'll be doing it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mitchell
    12-02-2012 01:36 PM
    12-10-2012 02:28 PM
    No way to do it without unlocking. Does WindowBreak not work with Tango?
    12-11-2012 06:17 PM
    No way to do it without unlocking. Does WindowBreak not work with Tango?

Curious that WindowsBreak states that LG doesn't need to be jailbroken due to MFG. So since I have a LG phone, is there something I can do with that which will allow me to backup SMS?
    12-11-2012 06:41 PM
    Curious that WindowsBreak states that LG doesn't need to be jailbroken due to MFG. So since I have a LG phone, is there something I can do with that which will allow me to backup SMS?
    I believe that LG phones come with a registry editor built in, so you don't have to resort to any tricks to interop unlock your phone. Once you're interop-unlocked you can sideload any file system tool to get into the text messages folder and retrieve your texts.
    12-11-2012 08:29 PM
    Believe that things are going to get easier. Do you have the latest solutions now? Thank you very much.
    02-19-2013 03:42 AM