Explorer on wp7 does not allow to pair youtube smart tv app.

ErkiL

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Works with android phone, but on lumia 800 gets stuck when i enter pairing code on my mobile. Anyone knows how to pair youtube tv with wp7?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
There isn't any special instructions. I have done it on my HD2 and 920 with no problem. What step does it fail at? I don't know why it would be a phone problem as most of the work is done server side

ErkiL

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have tried this parallelly with android phone, - with chrome on android works fine. On my lumia wp it gets stuck when i enter pairing code, - just loading another youtube page and not pairing anything. Previosly worked fine for me too, somehow my paired tv got lost on youtube and i cannot do this again. Made myself a new youtube account to try, but same story with it too. Seems like a problem with explorer on wp. Thanks in advance!

PinkMeerkat

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Same here with Lumia 800. It used to work, then some time in December the existing pairing disappeared and since then I cannot pair again. :-(

karena158

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, thought I'd try to pair from a different browser, but can't find another windows 7 mobile compatible browser. Can anyone recommend another browser?

Daniel Danciu

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reporting this problem, folks. Can you confirm that you have Internet Explorer 10 running on your phones? Previous versions of IE don't have support for CORS, a technology that allows safe cross-domain communication, and this is most likely the cause for youtube.com/pair not working.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reporting this problem, folks. Can you confirm that you have Internet Explorer 10 running on your phones? Previous versions of IE don't have support for CORS, a technology that allows safe cross-domain communication, and this is most likely the cause for youtube.com/pair not working.

Interesting.

But yeah ... Windows Phone 7 is stuck on Internet Explorer 9 Mobile, none of us here have IE10 mobile

PinkMeerkat

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Indeed it seems we all have WP7 phones, which come with IE9. I'll have the opportunity to try with a Lumia 920 some time later, but still.. it's a shame that it doesn't work on older phones, especially since it used to work fine for months.

Daniel Danciu

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay, let's see what we can do. We'll try to detect if the phone is running IE9 or earlier and fall back to the previous pairing mechanism. Note however that IE10 has enhanced security (that is, full CORS support), so it's good to upgrade when/if you have the chance.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 7.8 devices will never get IE10 so upgrading isn't really an option until the phone dies. XDomainRequest support is prefectly fine here, we're talking about watching videos here, not breaking into a bank.

Ondra S

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I had this problem too, but I think i've figured this out. In the internet explorer settings choose website preference > desktop version. Despite buggy pairing code input (it adds more numbers with only one tap), it seems to work perfectly. I've tried this with Nokia Lumia 800 on my Phillips SmartTV and it worked.
So good luck with trying this out, cause i dont think microsoft will fix that..:/

Ondra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss