Home Service instead of Carrier name

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find this anywhere on the internet or in the forums so I'll start a new thread. I noticed this now a couple of times that at certain times (when i'm at home ironically) where I usually see my carrier's name it will simply say "home service". I thought this could be something that has to do with my carrier, but I recently changed carriers and it still shows up. Had it on my old LG Optimus 7 and now on my HTC HD7. Anyone else seen this before?

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed it today when I booted my phone. It said "Home Service" for about 10 seconds before it changed to AT&T. Thought it might be searching for a signal.

KristianHognas

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
every time I boot it seems to take ages to get a signal again on my 920, sometimes i need to reeboot to get it to work. the home service appears after every boot and it doesn?t seem to go away without booting every time either... Called my service provider and they had no idea what i was talking about so went on nokia livechat customer service and thay had no idea either. so, at least I?ve informed someone about the problem but no one seems to have a clue nor a way to fix it. (sorry about the english, not my mothertongue)

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
oh no on the contrary, my carrier does usually show, it's just every now and then that "Home Service" shows up. But it doesn't go away after a couple of seconds as others described in this thread, i've seen it stick there for a couple of minutes, even managed to make phone calls or text. I mean it is not a problem or anything, I was just curious.

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
every time I boot it seems to take ages to get a signal again on my 920, sometimes i need to reeboot to get it to work. the home service appears after every boot and it doesn?t seem to go away without booting every time either... Called my service provider and they had no idea what i was talking about so went on nokia livechat customer service and thay had no idea either. so, at least I?ve informed someone about the problem but no one seems to have a clue nor a way to fix it. (sorry about the english, not my mothertongue)

I have same issue. I have unlock Canadian Rogers Lumia 920, it is a pain to get a signal to lock onto the phone, I usually have to reboot phone once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa