WP 7.8 update officially available for Lumia family in Nokia Care stores all over India

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
mine was ~24 hour on 7.5, now after updating to 7.8 has gone upto 30-35 hour
i dont have any background app (other than nokia music/nokia drive/times poynt) and wifi, 3g, bluetooth, location all off
fb chat on, me tile push notification on, email on synch 30 min (2 accounts), cricbuzz toast notification - complete package (India)
normal use: checking and posting in fb several times (from ie/ peoples hub not using fb app), occasional chat on fb/ gchat, checking email, syncing work documents through sky drive from work pc, few rounds of alphajax/ age of sorcery, rss news reading, occasion music (via bluetooth headset), battery staying 40-50% after 20 hr usage---->2/3 hour charging to 100%
i gave up live tile news headlines (by flux) due to battery stress on 7.5, now i tempted to try that again :)
battery life is very much usable rite now, only thing I am missing from my old 5230 (it doubled up as a efficient ebook reader, heck i finished all 5 parts of game of thrones books on that phone) is constant eBook reading in long train journeys. keeping the display on eats the power supply at monstrous rate.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
The WP 7.8 update is now available for Nokia Lumia 610 also. 4 days ago I got call from Nokia care that its available for my phone but unfortunately it was not for 610 and he flushed my phone. But today he called me again and apologized for previous act and said its finally available. I updated my phone and posted what I feel abt 7.8 on 610 on my blog. Do check out. Http://mobihalo.wordpress.com

The bt sharing is nice but it do not support video sharing. That was bad.
After update phone become slow. Tapping a tile taking longer to open app than previous. Are U guys having same problem?
The Bing lock screen is nice but now music controler dock is not embedded in it and permanently attached to volume dock. That's bad coz it looks ugly on lock screen with black background. Is that same in ur lumias?
Here are some pics
http://mobihalo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2012-12-20-0664.jpg

http://mobihalo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2012-12-20-0670.jpg

http://mobihalo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2012-12-20-0674.jpg

Last edited:

rupanidm

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup, the apps takes some time to open. A fraction of a second more than previous. Battery is a welcome change!

In BT share there r two options - files and pictures, while pictures work flawlessly, the file thing is sh*t. I transferred a few pdf/xls from my laptop, but its showing as unsupported file type on lumia.

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
The apps are not slow, the tiles that mostly large ones are a bit slow to respond. The music controller is ugly. When contacted with Nokia they said that one more update is due which will have kids sections and lens feature (just Nokia) but he couldn't confirm the date or anything but he said that its in the pipeline for sure. So rest assured as long as Nokia is with us :)

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
The WP 7.8 update is now available for Nokia Lumia 610 also. 4 days ago I got call from Nokia care that its available for my phone but unfortunately it was not for 610 and he flushed my phone. But today he called me again and apologized for previous act and said its finally available. I updated my phone and posted what I feel abt 7.8 on 610 on my blog. Do check out. Http://mobihalo.wordpress.com

The bt sharing is nice but it do not support video sharing. That was bad.
After update phone become slow. Tapping a tile taking longer to open app than previous. Are U guys having same problem?
The Bing lock screen is nice but now music controler dock is not embedded in it and permanently attached to volume dock. That's bad coz it looks ugly on lock screen with black background. Is that same in ur lumias?
Here are some pics
http://mobihalo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2012-12-20-0664.jpg

http://mobihalo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2012-12-20-0670.jpg

http://mobihalo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2012-12-20-0674.jpg

Nokia firmware update is confirmed getting the feature of lens which was missing here, I had called Nokia care regarding the same. They didn't assure the date but its in the pipeline for sure

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh, yes. I really forgot about that lenses and kids corner update. Thanx for pointing. But is that means I hv to again flash my device. If so, than no thanx. I better update via Zune no matter how much time it takes.
BTW, did I mentioned it took only 5 min for my phone to update! That was really fast.

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Oh, yes. I really forgot about that lenses and kids corner update. Thanx for pointing. But is that means I hv to again flash my device. If so, than no thanx. I better update via Zune no matter how much time it takes.
BTW, did I mentioned it took only 5 min for my phone to update! That was really fast.

Probably that update will be different from this one. May still be called 7.8 or maybe not. One of nokia's recent leaked internal slide showed WP7 and WP8 support/update timeline and it was shown that their are updates post to WP7.8 (referred as WP7.X update in slide).

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Probably that update will be different from this one. May still be called 7.8 or maybe not. One of nokia's recent leaked internal slide showed WP7 and WP8 support/update timeline and it was shown that their are updates post to WP7.8 (referred as WP7.X update in slide).
lets see, I guess it'll be available by Zune when 7.8 is released globally, so lets wait and watch coz there are some features missing and Nokia said that 7.8 was initially being sent to developers for bug testing and all so there is a hope :)

sleek4923

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for sharing this.

I visited a Nokia Care at Aurangabad, but the asked to come on Monday.

Will have to wait till then.

rupanidm

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Most probably its available thru zune now. A friend in Bangalore was denied the update n told that it is available thru Zune now. He will check at night. U can check it meanwhile.. :)

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to go off topic, but Guys, I need your favour. Go to HTTP://wp.me/p2qtUO-2m and click on my app ideas and vote them "its superb". More votes will make my app shortlisted in top 36. I just want enough votes so that my app ideas do not get lost in the crowd. Please please. Vote them, it will not take much of your time. Do read that post to know how to do that. Thank you. Hope I will see my app growing in rank. :)

Ps. I could win 920 in the contest. While top winner will get 1million

coolooksab

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I js gt the 7.8 update update done.
Screen looks gr8.
Bt I m unable to download apps like.
Uc browser.
Creative studio.
It shows attention require after 70% download
any one facing dis problem on der lumia?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss