WP 7.8 update officially available for Lumia family in Nokia Care stores all over India

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I stay in Mumbai and just today I got a call from my local Nokia care store gut saying that windows phone 7.8 update is available and I had no words coz I was trying to update via Zune but nothing and this time the update came much early to India than other countries coz last time the tango update was delayed by more than a month but this time we are amongst the first people to get this update and officially from Nokia ! Brilliant service by Nokia and update was done in 15- 20 mins. I'm posting here to notify all the lumia owners to quickly rush to their nearest Nokia care store and get their device updated ! I'm in love with my lumia all over again :)

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
confirming from kolkata...nokia care india is rolling out 7.8, the process started from yesterday (according to nokia care). after reading OP s post I dialed up nokia care, kolkata, ekdalia branch, they confirmed it and confirmed the upgrade will take 15 min. I rushed there from my work place and found me in a long queue for 7.8 upgrade (15+ as per the nokia care), and while I was signing forms two other lumias arrived for upgradation. Ultimately it took 1 hour and now i have my lumia 710 on 7.8
If anyone in india, just dial your nearest nokia care asap if you want to confirm, but i will advice rush there now if you want it today as its 7 pm in India right now.
I will return from my work place afrter 9 pm India time and will upload pic of my phone from my web cam then, stay tuned pic is coming in 2-2.30 hour
P.S. it got bluetooth share tile on home screen after upgrading, all data wiped though.

image: 2nd pic you can see bluetooth share app icon :)
181220121233.jpg

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Can someone capture the cabs or URL that it downloads from so everyone could have it. The installer comes from zune, get an app that will trace the URLs used, then start your update. This will capture the URL of the Cab files. Then we can use a cab installer to install it on any phone. At least 2 updates will come down, from Nokia for drivers and the other one is 7.8, We need the one for 7.8

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Can someone capture the cabs or URL that it downloads from so everyone could have it. The installer comes from zune, get an app that will trace the URLs used, then start your update. This will capture the URL of the Cab files. Then we can use a cab installer to install it on any phone. At least 2 updates will come down, from Nokia for drivers and the other one is 7.8, We need the one for 7.8

we did not download by zune, we took our phone to nokia care and they did the update. on zune it was showing no updates available.

Aditya888

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
can u please tell me from wich branch in mumbai you updated your phone.also i want to know whther the update is available for nokia 610.
thanks.

rupanidm

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I too just had my Lumia 710 updated to WP7.8 from the Nokia Care Centre in Borivli, Mumbai. Hardly took 15 mins, did it early morning today. ZERO Queue. Infact, on the jobsheet where i signed, she put a stamp saying 'I was attended in 10 mins'

Then, she asked me my Live ID and password, put it and activated the phone for me. Then she started showing me a couple of new features. The new Office Icon, the new XBOX icon, the bluetooth share option, the new colours. Funny thing was that she was 'teaching' me how to use bluetooth share. i just said 'Madam, we have been using this feature since old nokia days, just the lumia series didn't have it.' and she stopped.

edit: someone above asked for Lumia 610. my sister has a Lumia 610 and asked about it for her. The lady told me that it will be available in the last week of December. Right now its available for 510/710/800/900. As of now only nokia care provides this, but in last week of december it should be available on zune. Thats what she said.

edit2: Screenshot added
View attachment 25088

Last edited:

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I went to Nokia care too, except they said I will lose all my data. That's the same as flashing it from Navifirm. So I am not sure :-\
between zune for media files synching and live for contact synching, full format is not that much trouble unless you don't want to lose messages. just had to reinstall apps and relink contacts. besides i read somewhere for improving battery calibration it is better to hard reset anyways after major update.

abhishek_rshetty

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
between zune for media files synching and live for contact synching, full format is not that much trouble unless you don't want to lose messages. just had to reinstall apps and relink contacts. besides i read somewhere for improving battery calibration it is better to hard reset anyways after major update.

Yeah that is probably true. I'll get it updated tomorrow. Thanks :)

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I updated from Thane and will upload the pic soon, I own a lumia 800 and the new homescreen looks absolutely gorgeous with new color themes too. I'm waiting for the apps to be updated for wide tile support. So far the mail tile, call tile, message tile, me tile, people hub tile, Xbox tile and Zune tile support wide tile feature. The Facebook app tile also has a wide tile but its all blank maybe work in progress. Lets see how soon the developers get the wide tile support for apps as seen on WP8 and ya lockscreen apps too !
Made me love my lumia all over again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb