Keep Wifi Alive by turning off your mobile network

mnkhalid2000

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Something strange came across me today. Just to check whether it works or not I turned off my mobile network and kept my Wifi on , locked my screen and after about a minute I unlocked my phone and to my SURPRISE The WIFI had NOT DISCONECTED .. Have checked it many times and it works for me. Have anyone of you tried ? try if this works for you!!
does it prove Microsoft wasn't really that stupid and it only allowed the wifi to disconnect when there was a mobile network available to send push notifications?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This issue has been fixed with the portico update.

It allows you to have wifi connected even when the phone is locked.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Portico update? I'm not sure if its still US only but there is an option under Wifi-advanced that allows you to keep WiFi on.

ballzac

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
what about if you dont have windows 8 and dont have that option in wifi (because win 7.5 never got that fix for some reason)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried this before and it didn't work, but just now thought it could be because my email is set to check hourly. What settings do you use? And is your email set to "as items arrive"? My wifi stays on for while when using whatsapp, but turns off again later.

mnkhalid2000

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried this before and it didn't work, but just now thought it could be because my email is set to check hourly. What settings do you use? And is your email set to "as items arrive"? My wifi stays on for while when using whatsapp, but turns off again later.

Yes ! My email is set to "as items arrive"
i keep my messenger status online always may be thats why

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)