Ghost App Updates

jsnod25

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
So I'm having a weird issue with my app updates. Every so often (daily) I get a notice on my live tile for the app store that I have updates available, but when I launch it, there aren't any, and when I close it they go away for a little while. For instance right now it says I have 8 updates, but there aren't any. This number has slowly grown as well over the past few months too, as it used to be a couple, then a few and so on till now reaching 8. I'm using a Lumia 900 running 7.5 on AT&T in the US. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so how do you fix it (if you have)???

jsnod25

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
By the way, Ghost App Updates is my term to describe what is happening, as there not really there... I hope that makes sense.

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a solution for you (sorry), but I wanted to let you know that I've had the same thing happen to me. At one point, the number only got up to 3 updates that weren't really there, but eventually, I did have three or more apps that needed to be updated. So it probably has something to do with the update being in the store and pushed to the users but then maybe retracted or the update turned off and then eventually turned back on.

The only thing I can think of that might have stopped it for me but maybe not for you, is I have installed a couple of apps since it happened. Maybe that forced a refresh in the store database as to what I have on my phone? I've also uninstalled one or two apps since I had that happen to me. Either way, I've not seen it happen since then. And yes, it was driving me nuts, too. :D

jsnod25

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm at 9 updates... I've also installed new apps since then, but I have only uninstalled one or two. Its still increasing.

jsnod25

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
So I fixed it. I just restarted my phone, and it said I had 9 updates again. I was sad, and so I launched the marketplace again, but low and behold I DID have 9 updates... Crazy weird bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium