Photoswipe experience on WP7/WP8 and IE?

Endosmok

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
So I started messing around with Piwigo (photo website script) and was testing out the Windows Phone experience with IE on my Samsung Focus and compared it to that of my wife's Android (Chrome browser) experience. From what I gathered they use something called photoswipe with Piwigo that allows the user on mobile devices to swipe thru photos (as you would with the built-in pictures app on Windows Phone). It works quite well on the Android phone, but no such luck on the Windows Phone. I was wondering if it was a setting or something with my particular phone (as I am on a beta build of 7.8) or if it is just not compatible. The site does state there is limited support for Windows Phone, but that the swiping function should work? Either way I cannot get it to work right and was wondering if any Windows Phone 7 or 8 users can post their experience. I am limited to using the arrow buttons on the app to navigate thru the pictures.

You can test out the swipe function on this test site they have setup.

PhotoSwipe

I was also told to go to this site Hand Interactive :: MobileESP Demo - PHP to see what results were returned for the Windows Phone capabilities.
The results are listed below (rest come up as false).

DetectTierIphone() - True
DetectMobileQuick() - true
DetectMobileLong() - true
DetectSmartphone() - true
Get_Uagent() - mozilla/5.0(compatible;msie 9.0 windows phone os 7.5; trident/5.0; iemobile/9.0; samsung; sgh-i917
Get_HttpAccept() - text/html,application/xhtml+xml, */*
DetectWindowsPhone() - true
DetectWindowsPhone7() - true
isMobilePhone DetectMobileQuick() - true
DetectTierIphone() - true

I'd like to see this work on a windows phone as it's a really nice feature to have but not sure if it's possible. If it works on WP8 IE10 and not WP 7 IE9 then I'll probably be updating to a WP8 Phone.

Thanks

Endosmok

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just to follow up... a WP8 user says the swiping works good on his IE browser, so I am wondering if this a WP7 IE9 issue? Can anyone confirm?

jordantan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
What might be the error, is it a Samsung Android? However, Being hip is an expensive habit. The smartphone of choice for the “hipper” among us is without doubt the iPhone and while certainly stylish and so forth, it’s also a bit of a fussbudget as $5.9 billion has been spent on iPhone repairs since 2007.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos