Outlook.com alias email on 7.5/7.8/8

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this is possible but darned if I can find a way.... I would like to be able to send / receive emails as the alias I have set up on outlook.com through my windows phone, preferably on 7.5 but if it is only possible on 8 it would hasten my move to 8. Bit of background if it helps - my main email address associated with my MS and outlook.com account is my business email address which is on google apps. Any ideas greatly received.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe that you can go to the options on Outlook.com to set up a default from/to address when using your Outlook account. In it, you can select your alias, then that would, ostensibly, be the default address you send from on your phone. I haven't used this, personally, but that appears to make how it would work. Give that a shot?

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I believe that you can go to the options on Outlook.com to set up a default from/to address when using your Outlook account. In it, you can select your alias, then that would, ostensibly, be the default address you send from on your phone. I haven't used this, personally, but that appears to make how it would work. Give that a shot?

Thanks I did attempt this. The problem I struck was my main email address for outlook.com is my google apps work address (I am self employed). When trying to add the outlook.com account on the phone it won't let me log in using the alias and when I put my work address in it spits an error that the email address is already in use on this phone - which it is via google apps.
I guess I could try removing the google account, then adding the outlook account then attempt to add the google apps account back on but I think this might be opening a can of worms bigger than the problem I'm trying to solve. My work email is a must have, my outlook.com alias is a nice to have so I think I will leave things as they are for now.
Thanks again for your help.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Just revisited this and with a slight setting change it worked a charm. The basic mistake I had made was not checking the email sync box on my phone for windows live. I had no need to do this when I set my phone up so all working well now.
Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786