VoIP application for Windows Phone 7

Niko68

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I want to develop a softphone application for Mobile Phone platform (Mobile phones using Windows Mobile 7.1 or Higher) that is independent from the PBX, so that it can works with Asterisk, Askozia , 3CX, and any other kind of VoIP PBX, without the need to put other software inside and/or PBX. I know that this kind of applications exists, since I used it on other platforms, like 3CX client or BRIA client, both for iOS. I have all Microsoft tools and sdk needed to build that kind of applications, correctly configured and working. I already built other apps for Mobile Phone platform.
I had found a free trial version of Ozeki VoIP SIP SDK and I downloaded the latest version of the library from the website of Ozeki SDK and installed it. While I was easily able to build the sample softphone projects, I didn't understand how to build a softphone for mobile phones. Since I saw that softphone related class are in VoIPSDK.dll, I also tried to add reference to VoIPSDK.dll in Windows Phone Project, but Visual Studio gives an error complaining about "unsupported library".
So, what I need to now, since this is our main purpose, is it possible with this library to build a softphone for mobile platforms? In case, may I have a sample or the instruction on how to use Ozeki SDK library on these platforms? Maybe, I should create another application (the mediagateway) that should sit between the pbx and the mobile phone app. Have you got any experience with this library and mobile applications?

Thanks in advance,
Niko

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb