Can't sync contacts and calendar from my primary hotmail account

patatdrolleke83

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm using a Lumia 800 for about a year now. I'm pretty happy with it.
Now that Google is going to disable their Exchange servers, I've transfered my contacts & calendar to my Hotmail-account (via outlook.com website).

Now I deleted my Google account from my phone, I don't see my contacts anymore in the People Hub. Only if I search them by name or going to my groups.
So I checked my account settings and I see that the "Content to Sync"-part has one item: e-mail.

If I check my 2nd Hotmail account's settings on my phone I have the options to sync email, contacts, calendars and tasks.

How come my primary email doesn't have these items to sync? Is this normal and what should I do to sync my contacts and calendar from my primary Hotmail on my Lumia 800?

Thanks in advance!

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
In the People Hub settings, there are options to not show contacts from individual accounts. They still show if you search, as you've discovered.

In People Hub -> All -> Settings, Filter my contact list.

patatdrolleke83

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
The funny part is that my primary email account (or master account?) is not in the list. :s

EDIT:
Ok, seems I confused my 2 hotmail accounts! Sorry.
The reason why I was confused is because my master email name's Windows Live and my 2nd hotmail account's name was Windows Live 2 (which I only enabled email content to sync). People hub was only showing "Windows Live" in the filter list.

And thanks for the help, smsmith1975.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs