Why do I have to do a force update of the two interim updates before 7.8?

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
What I mean is, people are doing the force update and having to do two other seemingly partial ones before the main 7.8 updates.

Why would Zune tell me my phone is up to date when there are clearly two other updates that have been around before 7.8 was due? Would my phone ever inform me of the 7.8 update in that case? Just curious.

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
What I mean is, people are doing the force update and having to do two other seemingly partial ones before the main 7.8 updates. Why would Zune tell me my phone is up to date when there are clearly two other updates that have been around before 7.8 was due? Would my phone ever inform me of the 7.8 update in that case? Just curious.
It looks like these smaller updates are part of 7.8 and not to do with anything prior. I live in the Uk, have a L610 on o2 and I only got 1 small update prior to 7.8

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
To get my phone to 7.8 I would have to complete 5 updates just to get to 7.8 because t-mobile us and HTC have failed to release the updates for my HD7.

STLShazbot

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Its not up to tmoblie. Microsoft left it to HTC, Samsung all the phone manufacturers to decide if they want to.

At this time, HTC does not have plans to deliver a Windows Phone 7.8 upgrade.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Lisa

HTC

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Its not up to tmoblie. Microsoft left it to HTC, Samsung all the phone manufacturers to decide if they want to.

At this time, HTC does not have plans to deliver a Windows Phone 7.8 upgrade.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Lisa

HTC

It is up to both T-mobile and HTC. T-Mobile never released the "tango" update for the HD7, however it was released in Europe. Now HTC has not release the 7.8 update for the HD7 and if they did T-Mobile could still block it. So it is possible for your phone to be behind on updates because of your carrier and the manufacture. If the manufacture releases the update then it is up to the carrier. If the carrier releases it then you are lucky, if they don't then you have to take matters into your own hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)