Lock screen issue :)

Pogolauncher

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if this has been asked and solved before but please correct me if so :)
I am new here so please take it easy :D
+ I have a Nokia Lumia 710 which is currently running Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

My issue:
Okay so i got my Nokia Lumia 710 for christmas and i have never really payed attention to this issue as its never really annoyed me since i have never needed to wait for an urgent message but one day i happened to do that.
Anyway, when my phone is locked i will still get toast notifications and the screen will turn on and fuction properly for around 5-10 minutes after being locked but after that time frame i don't seem to get my messages until the phone is unlocked, this has become a big issue since i have to wait for emails and text messages that are urgent and are expected to come :)

Any help will be appreciated :) and if anyone has had this sort of issue before please say!

- PS i hope to be posting on these forums alot more :D

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Probably because you are using WiFi connection. Every WP7 owner knows that WiFi turns off about 10 minutes after the screen turns off, and reconnects again upon wake. This must be the issue. And no, I don't think there's a fix to it, unless maybe plug it on charge all the time.

Pogolauncher

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Probably because you are using WiFi connection. Every WP7 owner knows that WiFi turns off about 10 minutes after the screen turns off, and reconnects again upon wake. This must be the issue. And no, I don't think there's a fix to it, unless maybe plug it on charge all the time.
Okay thanks for the help, and now i know :), i guess i just won't let it stay locked for more than 10 minutes

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the WiFi will turn off once the screen is off, and it will be back on once the screen is unlocked. In WP8, there's an option where you can set the WiFi to always on and I think if you update yours from WP7.5 to WP7.8, you will have that option to keep the WiFi on...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo