Windows 7.8 internet explorer tabs issue

cadeross

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Ever since i have updated to the 7.8 official firmware via zune i have not been able to exit my tabs on Explorer. The tabs screen shows black. ANyone with a fix to this issue??

Victor Frost

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
what about the games and the contacts ? do they disappear ? Is not windows gonna fix this problem with another update ? I really want my explorer back but I kinda like this new O.S. 7.8 , What should I do ?

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset (and it reset to 7.8) helped on all my issues. Tabs are back, and it even seems to be a lot faster.
Are you saying when you did the factory reset, it still had 7.8 on it or did you have to update it back to 7.8?

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
what about the games and the contacts ? do they disappear ? Is not windows gonna fix this problem with another update ? I really want my explorer back but I kinda like this new O.S. 7.8 , What should I do ?

An OS update really shouldn't mess with any personal data, unless you're using Nokia Care Suite, which is the equivalent of a hard-reset. Both the official Zune method and SevenEighter use .cab files in order to install the required files for the OS to function properly. Of course you can also install these .cab files yourself, but this method is much more risky, as you need to find each .cab file containing the languages packs for your handset, as well as the correct .cab's containing the OS and any firmware updates for your phone model and serial number. (i.e. the Lumia 710 has two model numbers: RM-803 and RM-809, the latter being the designate for those particular handsets on T-Mobile.)

All in all, it depends on you. Do you want to sacrifice the speediness of WP7.5 in exchange for a more customizable homescreen, Bing images as your wallpaper and the ability to set Google as the default IE search engine?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss