AT&T told me samsung focus i917 is up to date on 7720 not 7.8

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
After further research I was able to find that there was an update for Windows Phone 7 users experiencing their virtual keyboard disappearing while typing. This was made available in January of this year. I understand that you are experiencing this issue and that you areusing the original Samsung Focus. Your device shows that it is up to date presently, because it is in fact up to date. The upgrade that was released in January was for the Samsung Focus Flash and Samsung Focus S. At this time A software fix is not available for the other affected devices. It has been suggested that when experiencing the virtual keyboard issue. You will need to tap the desired text field and this will bring up the virtual keyboard again. I do apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the update that you viewed. If an available upgrade is released from the manufacturer and software developer becomes available, You will receive a notification toyour phone.

DaMarra Marjean

This is after i was told an update was released on 4/12

I am sorry to hear that you are encountering issues with your Samsung Focus as well as issues updating the software. I will be happy to assistyou. I have reviewed the information that you provided regarding a softwareupdate for your Samsung Focus. According to what I show in my system thelast available update became available on 4/9/12 and was for the VirtualKeyboard disappearing. I have also taken the time to check the manufacturer's website to verify that there has not been an available update since. If this is the upgrade that you are attempting to update to I have provided some instructions for a successful download.

So from the looks of it everyone will have to do it manually if you havent already received it, maybe if we get enough emails sent out to them they will release it.

This is the email that i reply to AT&T Email Customer Care for Wireless <icare3@amcustomercare.att-mail.com>

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You really expect a carrier to know every detail about a two year old device? You may want to lower your expectations of others a bit.

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Let's face it: (most of) the people working for AT&T in the support department have no clue as to how the windows phone update process (actually) works and this reflects poorly on the company's reputation. AT&T needs to better educate those who work for them and be more honest about the status of software updates. I shouldn't have to revert to alternative methods (like debranding the phone and then rebranding it) in order to install software updates for devices on their network (although I also blame Microsoft for allowing the carriers to not push out updates in a timely manner).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss