Wp 7.8, STILL missing

Moustache321

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Nokia said that wp 7.8 will come to every phone in February. Now it's March already and there's no notifications for me about this update. I have a lumia 800 and I live in Finland. And yes, I've turned on that "notify me when updates are ready to download" and "use also wifi to check the avaibelity of updates". Zune says also nothing about 7.8. So, what shall I do? Ask Nokia, ask my operator or still wait if it would come. Is there anyone else still waiting or have I done something wrong??

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia said that wp 7.8 will come to every phone in February. Now it's March already and there's no notifications for me about this update. I have a lumia 800 and I live in Finland. And yes, I've turned on that "notify me when updates are ready to download" and "use also wifi to check the avaibelity of updates". Zune says also nothing about 7.8. So, what shall I do? Ask Nokia, ask my operator or still wait if it would come. Is there anyone else still waiting or have I done something wrong??

They have halt the roll out after identifying the live tiles bug

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I understand your discontent.. I do have a Lumia 800 from Vodafone Germany and still haven't receive the update.. I am considering using the seven eighter tool (CAB files) from wphacker.. Oh also, I called them and they told me I have to wait until my phone gets the update because it has been pushed through batches..

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I understand that Nokia has been always amazing at supporting their phones, but MSFT is not putting a lot of effort in providing a fix.. Maybe will come around WP9 *sigh*

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, its been parked to fix problems with live tiles. Don't expect to get it any time soon. It's a real shame how this has been handled.

ash29k

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
If you really want it you can flash your phone via navifirm with nokia's servers... The latest os there (for the 900 at least) is stable on my phone anyways, I have only an issue with wpcentrals app so I just shut down the live tile, all else is good, I use:Whatsapp,, BBC news mobile, Breaking news, Das Image, Words by post on my start screen as live tiles with no issues.. Fuse caused problems and so does wpcentral otherwise all is well.... I am lucky though considering the posts I have read about this issue.. But if you really want it check out Nokia's servers... Edit: BBC news just died now... Wait with 7.5 :)

Last edited:

assault700

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
as for me im quite disappointed by this rumored bugs for the 7.8.. MS should have at least done pilot testing before massive deployment in order to have a seamless fruition of that 7.8 update. same here. still nada for my lumia 800

Kermy Curtis

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Getting beyond silly now =( I have a Samsung Omnia 7 phone and I still haven't received this 7.8 update. I've waited a while now and checked on Zune plus on my phone too, is this to do with my carrier? Anyone else have any other suggestions please? Many thanks.

ItsLogan

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get 7.8 on launch day last month here in the US. I had to use the Zune update trick to get it though. It really makes me wonder what Microsoft is doing. Being that 7.8 was announced in June 2012, it is pretty unacceptable that it was released with as many bugs as it has. It isn't a huge update and this never should've been an issue.

arunroc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
hi, I have tried this trick one of post on WPcentral. Procedure is very simple1st turn your phone WiFi and internet connection off from settings then just plug your phone to Zune via USB cable > go to settings > the phone settings > goto update and then immediately disconnect your PC too from internet. Let the Zune show you a message then connect the internet if your PC says there is an update then update your phone. I had to try this procedure several times but my phone was updated within 30 mins.

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Due to issues with "live tile" update problems with WP 7.8, I believe MSFT has requested that providers and Manufacturers withdraw the 7.8 software, until they can engineer a fix. Then it will be made available again. At least that is the information that I have been able to glean from various sources.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Due to issues with "live tile" update problems with WP 7.8, I believe MSFT has requested that providers and Manufacturers withdraw the 7.8 software, until they can engineer a fix. Then it will be made available again. At least that is the information that I have been able to glean from various sources.

Pretty much on the money there, except I doubt it will see the light of day again. WP7 users dropping every day, unless it's a quick fix I think they will drop it and hope you buy WP8

tqlla3k

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much on the money there, except I doubt it will see the light of day again. WP7 users dropping every day, unless it's a quick fix I think they will drop it and hope you buy WP8

If MSFT leaves us with a huge bug, that causes us to eat data..... why would we move to WP8? I would move to Android, where we at least get community dev support.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

If you really want the 7.8 update, either use the manual .cab push method or use seveneighter: Want Windows Phone 7.8 now? Try this easy tool (Update: Now supports 7720) - Windows Phone Hacker

You may want to have some knowledge on pushing .cab files, as seveneighter only updates the OS version, not the firmware. You'll have to go to XDA for the .cab file containing the firmware if you wish to flash it.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
If MSFT leaves us with a huge bug, that causes us to eat data..... why would we move to WP8? I would move to Android, where we at least get community dev support.

Android DOES have great developer community support, but lacks in official device support. There are literally THOUSANDS of Android users out there who are left in the dust by OEMs discontinuing support for their device.

tqlla3k

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I actually do like this phone, but MSFT isnt there for us. At least with Android, we can fend for ourselves. With this phone, we are stuck waiting for Microsoft.

There are simple fixes that just havent been done. Its insane that a data counter is a WP8 carrier exclusive. Thats like call history being a carrier exclusive. Why does it take a month for Microsoft to "Acknowledge" a known bug in WP7.8? A MONTH, not for a fix... acknowledgement.

eryvile

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Android DOES have great developer community support, but lacks in official device support. There are literally THOUSANDS of Android users out there who are left in the dust by OEMs discontinuing support for their device.
Ok, whether Android's a good choice might depend on manufacturer and device. But then, there's also iOS and BB10 and in a not so distant future we will have devices with Jolla, Ubuntu for phones and Firefox OS coming up, not to forget Tizen.
I'm with @TQLLA: given how WP7 users have been treated by Microsoft since WP8 came out and knowing that this is just history repeating (what happened to WM6.5 and its users?), why should I switch to WP8? I know, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence, but I'll definitely try it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss