Messaging in windows phone 7

sumithar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
A friend whose contract expired gifted me his samsung sgh-i917 running windows phone 7.5.
I am able to use it only w/ wifi which is fine with me.

My question is can I somehow use the messaging on this phone w/ wifi? if I try to send a message it comes back with SIM card not found.
I'm getting these messages from an email account however- it might have something to do with my phone being "synced" to my hotmail account, but I don't know how this person is sending me text messages tho.

sumithar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
SMS requires a carrier plan, so a SIM and a plan would be required.

Only data will work on WiFi, not voice/text.

It is possible to send a text message as an email. How to Send a Text Message from Email | eHow.com

Your friend is sending the text messages to your email address. You can reply via email when connected to WiFi; however, you cannot send text messages without a SIM and a carrier plan.

Hi Laura,
Thanks for the response. I understand that SMSing needs SIM. But what I found puzzling was that my friend sending text messages to my email address (hotmail id in this case) are somehow showing up in my phone's message inbox and not my hotmail inbox.

Btw, for texting over WiFi I am using ChatMe application that is available on the Windows Phone marketplace for free. On Android and iPhone this app also lets me make and receive calls, but unfortunately on Windows Phone, only texting feature is available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium