About today's WP7.8 update

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey

I've received a notification about an update to 7.10.8860.142 on my NL800 running 7.10.8858.136, but it fails to install supposedly because of "a problem with the backgroud Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)". What am I doing wrong?

Also, anyone knows if this update will fix the frozen tile problems? :3

Thanks

Tbronl

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Seeing this thread, i checked for updates for my LG Optimus 7, and i also received this update. I did not even have to force it, as i did with the 8858 update. Updating worked, and i did not get an error or something. Microsoft said a few weeks back that they were working on a fix for the livetiles, so this might be it. I don't see any differences right now, and i can't check if it realy fixes the issue, because my livetiles worked fine on 8858.

rdockrey

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Installing on my HTC Pro 7 with US Cellular at this time. I too was notified of the update through the Zune software. I didn't need to force it.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
A problem with BITS would make me suspect an issue with the PC rather than the phone. So a reboot would seem like a good start, and perhaps try a different USB port/cable.

Rumour is that 8860 is the Live Tile fix. Given the usual "quality" of MS's info about updates, I guess we'll have to see what people experience over the next few days...

ronteral2k

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you think a force update will be available soon? I have a HTC arrive on sprints network so i know i won't be receiving it from them sadly.

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Umm.. anyone on a Lumia or other Nokia phone that just did this update suddenly can't see any of the Nokia exclusive apps in Marketplace? I don't even have a Nokia section in the Marketplace anymore..

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
A problem with BITS would make me suspect an issue with the PC rather than the phone. So a reboot would seem like a good start, and perhaps try a different USB port/cable.

Rumour is that 8860 is the Live Tile fix. Given the usual "quality" of MS's info about updates, I guess we'll have to see what people experience over the next few days...

Microsoft confirmed to the Verge that it is indeed a fix for the live tiles, and that they have resumed the 7.8 upgrade process (with the new build): Microsoft resumes Windows Phone 7.8 update push after fixing Live Tile issues | The Verge

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Is this update only for those who had previously installed 7.8? I had updated to 7.8 and got this new update right when I plugged in to Zune......but when I tried to update a friends on my computer that was still running on 7.5 it said it was already up to date.
Oh, not sure if it helps or matters but we both have 900's on Rogers.

wahome

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I did force an update using seveneighter but my BBC and CNN live tiles are still not working. I am also wondering whether I may be a little slow on the uptake but suddenly the Facebook app now is updating and the live tile is working....is this something new or have I not been paying attention?

soumitro316

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just updated my phone to 7.10.8862...this update fixed the live tile issue as stated in the update history on the office windows phone website...there were two updates..first one is 8860 and then 8862...the lag in launching apps from the start screen also seems to have reduced:D....Samsung Omnia W,India

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
As stated 8862 is the LT fix. 8860 is some changes for Quartz, and Google.

There was an earlier communication SNAFU that made folks think 8860 was the LT fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss