Got a used Samsung Focus yesterday. Wifi is EXTREMLEY slow...

ReDDs3D

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, forum! I recently got myself a used Samsung Focus yesterday to try out windows phone. It's a great OS so far, and coming from Android, it's just so smooth! But with the phone I have, it's rooted and running 7.8, I have noticed that Wifi is just abysmal.

My speed at home is ~20mbps and I get not even 1% of that. My Wifi is slower than my 3g! Web browsing, downloading apps, etc. it's all impossible over wifi! What's wrong? What can I do to fix this?

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
What custom ROM are you using?
If not, what unlock method did you use? Performance for WP devices vary, especially performance while using a custom ROM. You might want to take this issue to your ROM's developer and see if they have a solution.

Mine is a Nokia Lumia 710 on RainbowMod 2.1. WiFi bandwidth at home is at 50mbps. Before flashing it, cellular signal was mediocre at best. After flashing it however, cellular reception and data speeds increased significantly.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
How do I check what ROM I am using? And, How do I say, reflash another rom?

You should be able to tell which ROM you downloaded. If not, you can always flash another ROM, but beware! You must use a program like dppimplant to retain your Live ID. Otherwise, you'll have to request another one.

Anyway, you just use the same method you previously used to flash the last ROM. You will need to hard-reset your device before doing so, as things can go wrong if you don't. Flashing ROMs on my phone is easier, due to one click tools like lumiadownloader that quickens the process of flashing ROMs AND as a bonus, keeps the Live ID on my device.

Anyway, back to the topic. Are you SURE you're using a custom ROM or at least interop unlocked? If yes, can you sideload homebrew apps like bazaar and WPRootTools?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon