Using an HTC Titan II. Battery life has been great until a couple days ago when I turned on the "find my phone" feature. I used to get through a day with moderate usage from 6 AM until 12 PM and still have 40% battery life. NOTHING has changed on my phone for the last few days except turning on "Find my phone". Now, by 6PM, the battery saver comes on and my 7 PM, it's dead.

This is a 'new' warranty replacement and I've only had it a month.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to turn find-my-phone off. Resetting the phone to factory defaults in unacceptable. Any advice? Can this feature really not be turned off? What a waste...
    03-26-2013 11:39 PM
    it can be turned off. but the display is buggy. when its off it says in the setting dialog that its on - when its on it says in the setting dialog that its off .. at least it does in my phone for some reason
    03-27-2013 04:14 AM
    It is because with Find my phone on, you are allowing the phone to connect periodically using your GPS so that last location of phone isn't like 24 hours ago. Best way to use the advantage of find my phone and save battery is - keep it on, but turn off your location. Only switch on your location when needed and an hour every night so that find my phone can update your latest location. However, that doesn't really help because if you switch on every night at home, the last location will be home! This thing needs to record your GPS location and it should actually come with an option to choose how often it polls for your location!
    03-27-2013 08:32 AM