Some Twitter contacts not appearing

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I've searched for a solution to this, but I can only find topics about no Twitter contacts appearing whatsoever.

I recently bought a new Arrive to replace my broken one until I can get a phone upgrade, so I went about setting all my accounts back up. I logged in with the Outlook account I made since it debuted, as I intend to use that from now on, and added all my social media profiles as well.

There are a few contacts whose Twitter information won't appear on the phone. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to whose contact doesn't sync. I can't find their Twitter handles by searching either, so they're not making it to my phone at all.
It also seems that a large amount of people whom I'm following on Twitter aren't appearing in my phone either, even if they don't have an actual contact with which to sync.

I've tried deleting my Twitter account, restarting, adding again, and other remedies that are suggested when Twitter isn't synching at all, but nothing will make the rogue Twitter contacts appear or sync. Logging into Outlook.com and checking out my People hub, all the Twitter information is there linked with my contacts, so I can't figure out why some won't appear on my phone.

Any advice?

Last edited:

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed myself that, over the last few days, it can take a while for every linked contact to propagate fully. For example, the Facebook details might not sync up until a few hours after the contact record appeared - in one or two cases it was the Outlook.com contact record that didn't appear immediately. (I only noticed this because I've been doing a lot of removing and adding accounts recently - don't ask....)
This isn't normal behaviour for contact syncing, and it might not be what's causing your problem, but the symptoms (even down to the linked contacts being correct in Outlook.com) do match up. So it might be worth waiting for a few hours and seeing if things settle down - they did for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre