Earlier versions of Windows Phone not getting the newer Apps

soumitro316

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
temple run is wp8 only??reallY?

oh so now is wp7 hardware incapable of running temple run??...cmon man...ive seen lame low end android devices running temple run(and NO,i dont wanna switch to android,just making myself clear before someone suggests that)...but really?...the high end stuff like spiderman and batman i can understand and im not complaining but temple run??its a year old...atleast make it available for everyone..this is sad

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Re: temple run is wp8 only??reallY?

Simple answer. WP8 allows native code so a port is easy. They would then have to make another version coded specifically for WP7.x only which unfortunately is not a favorable solution for most devs given our small market share still.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Yeah its really sad, but I hope u guys get game soon, angry birds games too came first for wp8 and then two weeks after it they came to wp7

iseebothsides

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Its disconcerting to note that the new exciting apps arriving to Windows Phone 8 will not work on Windows Phone 7.8 or 7.5. That includes Templerun, even though the version released for the windows phone platform is not the latest ). Even Microsoft's own Lync 2013 client will not work on Windows phone 7.8 and 7.5.

This is not merely disappointing, it sets up for competition comparisons. Most of what is released on Apple's store will work on previous iphone models as long as they upgrade to the current IOS. This is true for most apps on Google play , even though their ecosystem is far more fragmented in terms of devices and Operating system versions.

Is it just a ploy to force a phone upgrade ? I personally don't see too much compelling reasons to upgrade from lumia 900 to lumia 920. I don't want to tie myself to another 2 year contract, I would much rather wait to see whats in store for the next Lumia phone's capabilities.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It's pointless to even think on these lines. Have you never used any other smartphone before? All technology that advances leaves older tech behind. On iPhone, on Android and on my plasma TV - not all features/apps are available. Why would you even expect to get the latest and the greatest on your old hardware? If you want latest and the greatest the simplest option is change the hardware. Not all apps are you claim on iPhone and Android will run on older version. Try and grab a ZTE Blade and see if you can run most of their Gingerbread or Ice cream sandwich apps and games - you won't be able to.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Unity is new and can run on WP8... Microsoft had different programming for WP7 (thus releasing 8).... Microsoft said long ago multiple times unity can't run on wp7 so no one should be shocked that temple run doesn't work on wp7

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Sign petition for whom? MS does not makes the app independent software companies do. So make a petition for the temple run company for the temple run game. But why would you make a petition to MS? WP8 is directx based. WP7 is xna based. So when it comes to games you either target both platforms with different games or just one. They choose to target the newest version of the platform. Where is MS to blame?

VirtualMontage

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Unity is able to run on Windows Phone 7x if changes are made to the engine; as stated by Unity's CEO, "[WP7] is a relatively closed system so you can't run native content, which means we can't really support it. We could, in theory, do what we've done with Flash, which is to rewrite the engine so it works inside a non-native environment. So it could be done, in theory, but it's very much in theory because that would require a huge amount of work and uncertain results." In my opinion, it would be beneficial to the Unity if they were to rework the engine due to the large customer base on Windows Phone 7x.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Unity is able to run on Windows Phone 7x if changes are made to the engine; as stated by Unity's CEO, "[WP7] is a relatively closed system so you can't run native content, which means we can't really support it. We could, in theory, do what we've done with Flash, which is to rewrite the engine so it works inside a non-native environment. So it could be done, in theory, but it's very much in theory because that would require a huge amount of work and uncertain results." In my opinion, it would be beneficial to the Unity if they were to rework the engine due to the large customer base on Windows Phone 7x.

You are correct. Now consider the costs of development for unity. And the cost of licensing for 3rd party developers to buy a license for wp7.x hw. When all estimates shows that these large customer base will disappear or change to wp8 devices. Changing unity 6 month to 1 year. Making a game 1-4 month. By the time you get to ship your game to the wp7.8 devices you find that they just bough new wp8 devices.

VirtualMontage

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Just wait a couple of weeks until Temple Run acquires several updates to fix issues. Hopefully once issues are addressed after its initial release, it'll be ported to Windows Phone 7x. Don't forget, they're probably developing a 512Mb version for Windows Phone 8; therefore, it could be possible that Windows Phone 7x users can run it on their handsets. Remember Angry Birds Star Wars, it was ported to Windows Phone 8 first and eventually became available to Windows Phone 7x handsets after several updates. Don't take my word for the possibility of Temple Run being available to Windows Phone 7 handsets , I'm clearly stating the best possible scenario that could possibly happen if all went well. I was also happy to hear what Paul Acevedo stated about the release of Temple Run on Windows Phone, "The Windows Phone 8 port does look a bit dated graphically – certainly no more advanced than what Windows Phone 7 can accomplish."

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm more disappointed by the non-game apps that aren't making it to WP7. I understand the newer games not making it to WP7, due to the effort required for porting. But there's no reason that apps like United Airlines and Pandora shouldn't be on WP7 as well. Do they even use any WP8 specific features?

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What is disappointing it that it had been indicated that the development tools would make it easy to be able to compile your program for both platforms.

Scott

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
What is disappointing it that it had been indicated that the development tools would make it easy to be able to compile your program for both platforms.

Scott

This is true for native apps made for WP, not ports of existing games (in particular) that are using a supported native code engine (Unity for example).

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it just a ploy to force a phone upgrade ? I personally don't see too much compelling reasons to upgrade from lumia 900 to lumia 920. I don't want to tie myself to another 2 year contract, I would much rather wait to see whats in store for the next Lumia phone's capabilities.

The thing is, this neglect of my WP 7.8 device will force my hand to upgrade my handset, but due to the way I'll be forced to upgrade, I'll probably steer clear of Windows Phone and disassociate myself from that forever.

roshangangurde

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft not support all the WP os .temple run run in android in 512 Mb ram with great graphic .wp temple run graphic is poor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6