Windows Phone 7.8 animation problem

Gabriel Camuso

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I found a little problem in my Lumia 800 that is related to its start screen animations. It is a little problem that affect the tiles that are in the lower part of the star screen. When we click on then the animation plays differently than with the icons in the upper part. I made a video to show it.

I know it isn't a big problem, but it do bother me a lot. Taking this fact and the app start delay and other minor problems, I'm really considering coming back to WP7.5. What do you think about this problem? Do you see the same thing? Is it really a problem?

Thanks for the attention!

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I think WP7.8 does this on all Non-system apps (except Photos and Music+Videos).
I tested it on mine and every 3rd party app, the XBOX Games Hub, Pictures hub, and Music+Videos hub all do that. And some 3rd Party apps are at the TOP of my home screen. So I think its a new animation trying to essentially "highlight" the app you are opening. I guess the system apps which don't, well, don't because, and this is just a theory, that they are supposed to notify that they are a system app, and the Music+Video, Pictures, and Games hub do the new animation because they are essentially more robust than settings, market, mail, etc... (oddly though if a contact tile is pinned low enough it exhibits this behavior. if its high enough, it doesn't (as far as I can tell. it may be miniscule))

A second theory is that its just some fancy animation Microsoft made (because it does oddly do it more prominently the farther down you go).

either way, my 7.8 device has it, so im guessing its no bug.

Gabriel Camuso

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
This behavior happens with all WP7.8 I saw in videos through internet. The fact is, only the first eight rolls of apps do the right animation! It doesn't matter which tile is it... And also, we don't see this happening in WP8 so... It wasn't intentional, it's another wp7.8 problem I suppose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss