NET10 APN settings that really work!!!!!

Dave Stevens1

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I had to do a lot of trial and error to get these apn settings to work with the Focus Flash 2 and NET10.

Remember to write these down and save them because once you update your phone, it will wipe all the saved apn setting(found this out today and couldn't find my information)

First go to Settings>cellular>edit apn

APN
tfdata

User name
leave blank

Password
leave blank

Proxy server/URL
mms3.tracfone.com

Proxy port

hit the save

Next step is the wireless manager(Im sure you have downloaded this from the Marketplace>Samsung Zone. If not find a wifi spot and do this)

Open the wireless manager>apn>edit apn
Open internet_line

APN name
internet_line

Profile category
internet(always on)

APN
tfdata

Auth type
none

Username
leave blank

password
leave blank

proxy address
mms3.tracfone.com

Proxy domain
leave blank

Proxy port

check the save
Next the mms_line

APN name
mms_line

profile category
mms

MMSC(Activated)
http://mms-tf.net

APN
tfdata

Auth type
none

username
leave blank

password
leave blank

Proxy address
mms3.tracfone.com

Proxy domain
leave blank

proxy port

check save
next soft_tap

APN name
soft_line

profile category
other

apn
tfdata

auth type
none

user name
leave blank

password
leave blank

proxy address
mms3.tracfone.com

proxy domain
leave blank

proxy port

Click save and back out to the home screen and restart your phone.

Once restarted try everything out. This all worked for my Focus Flash 2 and I hope it works for yours.

Dave

Last edited:

Dave Stevens1

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry. I made a mistake and corrected the original post.

The mms2.tracfone.com should be mms3.tracfone.com

Honestly I don't know how I did that but I do apologize for the mistake.

Dave

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm, these are exactly the settings I'm using on my Trophy with a Net10 AT&T SIM. Calls, data and MMS all work great.

nerdchanic

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So i was able to get mms and internet working on my lumia 920 with net 10 here is what i had to do, first i tried doing what people posted talking about you not needing an unlock for these settigs to work thats...not true i had to unlock my lumia 920, i called att had them unlock my phone, then i installed access point trough a link that i found on a forum then entered the following info
USER: NET10
APN: ATT.MVNO
PROXY: PROXY.MVNO.TRACFONE.COM
PROXY PORT:80

MMS SETTINGS ARE THE FOLLOWING
APN:ATT.MVNO
WAP: 66.209.11.33
WAP PO: 80
MMSC URL: HTTP://MMSC.CINGULAR.COM
MMSC P : 80

HERE IS THE LINK TO INSTALL ACCESS POINT access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
CREATE A NEW APN THEN ENTER THE INFO
ENJOY :)

Choco_Lab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Question on Net10... Hope this is an ok thread to use, but I knew there would be Net10 users here...

I finally got everything working on Net10 with my 920 and I'm ready to switch to it full time. First I used a new number to see if I would like it, but now I'd like to port my old Sprint number over. Does anyone know how long this typically takes? I almost waited too close to my next Sprint billing cycle, and I don't want them to drag their feet one day too long so that I'm charged for another month's usage. IIRC I've read that sometimes porting can be a problem anyway.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Question on Net10... Hope this is an ok thread to use, but I knew there would be Net10 users here...

I finally got everything working on Net10 with my 920 and I'm ready to switch to it full time. First I used a new number to see if I would like it, but now I'd like to port my old Sprint number over. Does anyone know how long this typically takes? I almost waited too close to my next Sprint billing cycle, and I don't want them to drag their feet one day too long so that I'm charged for another month's usage. IIRC I've read that sometimes porting can be a problem anyway.
It only took about 1-2 hours for me (porting from Verizon). I know they say that it can take several business days but I don't think that's typically the case, they probably just say that in case they have issues with porting that take a while to resolve.

Choco_Lab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Great, thanks... I was hoping that was the case.

Can I ask if you did it through their website or via phone? I had a huge snafu on their website when adding minutes for the first time... Had to cancel that and go buy a card from a brick and mortar store, then activate by phone.

Choco_Lab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, sprint will charge you pro-rated month so don't worry about getting a whole month charge.

Really? That would be great news.

Back when I was considering switching to AT&T to get the 920, a Radioshack phone rep was the one who warned me about not cutting it too close when porting over. He seemed knowledgeable, but maybe not. :)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Great, thanks... I was hoping that was the case.

Can I ask if you did it through their website or via phone? I had a huge snafu on their website when adding minutes for the first time... Had to cancel that and go buy a card from a brick and mortar store, then activate by phone.
I did the porting and activation process on the website, but I actually used an unlimited card that I bought from Target, because I heard that it's easier if you do it that way. I didn't have any problems with the website.

Cam M

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I found a company that sells a ton of AT&T windows phones. They said the APN's are different for every model. They got my phone working in 5 minutes. Surprisingly they didnt even charge me for anything.. just told me the APN I needed to use.. I tried everything before calling them.. if you need help go to their website! SOO HELPFUL ! CASH4PHONES - Let Your Freedom RING

Thomas John3

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
just got this setting from Net10 for my AT&T Galaxy S2 1/31/14

leaving all other settings blank....

Name NET10
APN att.mvno
MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy 66.209.11.33
MMS port 80
MCC 310
MNC 410
APN type internet + mms + supl

turn phone off and then on and good to go....

Last edited:

George Best

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm using an HTC Trophy Windows Phone with 7.5. and i can not get the NET10 APN settings to work. The calling and texting works, but i can not get data or receive/send pictures... it worked the 1st month i had NET10 and now on my 2nd month with it it wont work. can someone please help?

Terry Carter

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
If you use NET10 with your windows phone (or a Samsung S4) here are the NEW APN settings. Net 10 has changed them in the last few weeks. They changed mine today. It took me over 4 hours to figure this out. DO NOT CALL Net 10 customer support they are too stupid to help anyone. If their prices was not 1/2 the price of At&t i would not use them. Well here is the APN settings that will make your internet & your MMS settings work:
Lets start with the internet first:
(name) (must be LARGE letters) NET10
APN = tfdata (must be small letters)
that is it, do not add or post anything else in your internet APN settings!

Now lets do the MMS settings:
name (must be all Large letters) NET10
category= MMS
MMSC= http://mms-tf.net
APN= tfdata
Proxy address = (must be in small letters) mms3.tracfone.com
Proxy domain = mms-tf.net
Proxy Port = 80

Ok like i said i spent over 4 hours trying to figure out these "New" Apn settings for Net10. I hope this will save you some time! Like i said Please do not waste your time calling NET10 they are complete idiots when it comes to this!! Have a great day!!!

danisnotstan

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Are these settings just for Windows phone? I tried these settings on a Samsung Note 2 and it doesn't look like MMS works. I found these directions on the NET10 site and I found this thread while trouble shooting.

dahypersqurl

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?? Spent 100$ on a HTC HD7S unlocked. I got a Net10 sim card kit. I updated it up to 7.5. I did a had reset, amung other troubleshooting. When i hit settings i then hit cellular and then "add apn" at which page i only have a few options.

APN:
Username:
Password:
Proxy Server/URL:
Proxy Port:

In that order... I cannot use any data connection with any decent speed to it what so ever... and i cant receive or send MMS. I know this sint a new problem but i truly cant figure it out.
Thanks! -Josh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb