Why are most apps for WP 7.8 no longer published at the store??

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just uninstalled a few apps (Official Aljazeera, E! Red Carper, etc) on my WP 7.8 and to my realization, some of these apps are no longer published at the store when I go into my purchase history and try to reinstall them.

Are they no longer available to WP 7.8 and available to only WP 8?
Why are they no longer published?
Is Microsoft removing them and Why?

Can anyone try to see if they are available in different regions? And if they are not, why is Microsoft limiting these general apps at the store? Are they prematurely forcing us to WP 8?

If you still use WP 7.x, try logging into windowsphone.com, go to your purchase history and see the number of apps that are no longer published (you can see these apps cuz they are directly indicated in orange ink as such and not finding the reinstall link beside these apps)

Please help, need more insights into this and now I better watch out for important apps before I uninstall them....might not have them again if you do....just like in my situation now. Regretted uninstalling these apps seriously and kinda sad now :'(

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Just a guess, but it seems development on 7.5 is slowing IMHO. You need to get ready to make the jump to a Windows Phone 8 handset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99