Lumia 800 zune problems

RuaneJoseph

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I own a Lumia 800 running Windows Phone 7.5 software, up until 3 weeks ago when I bought a new windows 8 laptop (before I had a really old vista...thing..) my phone's music player worked perfect. All my music showed up under ''Artists'' or 'Albums' on my phone and all was good.
When I got my new laptop I plugged in my phone and synced everything across to the new pc because it had an empty HDD, the majority of my library went across fine but when I went back to my phone some artists/albums were not showing up under their respective headings, I thought they were lost! Most of the music is ripped from CD's I lost or broke a long time ago so losing it isn't really something I want happening. Anyway, by chance I went into ''songs'' and in that big list is all my ''missing'' music, now I've been going through this huge list to find songs I want to listen to but it's getting a bit cumbersome and it shouldn't be happening.

Hopefully I haven't waffled too much and you guys know what I'm talking about, I hate not being able to just play a whole album by an artist and I'd also like that ''missing'' music on my PC because it's not there either!
Thanks in advance!

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you try copying the music over from the old machine to the new one? It's usually best to handle data migration that way instead of counting on a secondary mobile device in the manner you're describing.

RuaneJoseph

May 28, 2013
Visit site
No, the old machine completely died. It's just bugging me because it's only a small % of my favorite music that didn't get transferred, I guess I'll have to format the phone and go again!

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did the hard drive go out as well? Worst case scenario you can buy an external enclosure and recover your music from your old PC that way.

AND you get yourself an external drive. Its a win-win!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss