Bluetooth issue with Chevrolet MyLink

Michael VanZanten

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Nokia Lumia 900 with Windows Phone 7.8 and I am experiencing several Bluetooth issues with my 2013 Chevy Volt with MyLink.

1. When answering phone calls through MyLink, the audio will sometimes not go through the car, but will instead only be through the phone. After I put the phone to my face to talk, after about 5 seconds, MyLink will begin sending the audio through the car audio system and it then functions normally.

2. Bluetooth Audio: I can play music which is locally stored in the Zune app through Bluetooth, but other services like Nokia Music or Radio Controlled (a Pandora client for older Windows Phone) will not play through Bluetooth. My Nokia Music App actually has the music stored on the phone. A friend of mine had no problem with is 3 year old low end Android phone streaming Pandora through Bluetooth in my car.

3. Any music which is paused (in the background, but not playing) will begin playing on my phone when I turn off the car (and the Bluetooth connection ends). It is as if it hits the play button when the Bluetooth disconnects.

Is anyone else using Windows Phone 7.5 or 7.8 experiencing these issues with Chevrolet MyLink? Is this possibly a Nokia issue?

For any Windows Phone 8 users, how well does the Bluetooth function? Does the Pandora app in MyLink work well? I really love my phone, and will likely upgrade to a new Nokia when my contract ends if I get positive feedback.

jatwo

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 works fine with Chevy cruze 2012 (no onstar) for phone calls and messaging over Bluetooth. Haven't tried it for music yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion