Had recently got an unlocked Focus 2, I decied to try Straight Talk. Its been a headache since (from cutting the Fullsized Sim to fit in a micro slot) to setting up the APN correctly. I notice on the focus 2 there are multiple areas to enter the straight talk info. There's the (Cellular) tile that has its own APN option, Then there's the Wireless manager from samsung with an APN option. I enter the info in both, because I have no idea which is the correct one.

I can make calls and text, but in the indicator icons at the top of the phone I get what seems like 3-4 bars that always fluctuate and a Single "G" its not 3G or 4G just...G. No idea what the hell it even means. You try typing "what does G mean?" in google lol. Any help would be appreciated. I would tell you what my Speed-test results are to see if its normal. but I can assume With the net is so Slow that the speedtest errors out, its not a good sign.

Everything works great on wifi...
    06-19-2013 10:45 PM
    I think it's 2.5G
    06-20-2013 12:38 AM
    G is actually GPRS, so that would explain why it's so slow.

What do the icons on my phone mean? | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
    06-25-2013 09:57 AM
    the cellular APN needs to be blank. you need to input all of the settings into Samsung's wireless manager which I happen to be unfamiliar with. if it is anything like Nokia's Network Setup there is a section for data APN and MMS APN.

the bigger problem is it sounds like you have one of the newer T-Mobile ST SIMs. Your Focus 2 will not get 4G unless you live in a T-Mo refarmed area which it sounds like you don't. You need to get a T-Mo windows phone or buy an ATT ST SIM off of ebay. I just sold two for $50 each and that was on the low side. ATT ST SIMs are worth their weight in gold now.
    06-25-2013 02:19 PM
    the cellular APN needs to be blank. you need to input all of the settings into Samsung's wireless manager which I happen to be unfamiliar with. if it is anything like Nokia's Network Setup there is a section for data APN and MMS APN.

the bigger problem is it sounds like you have one of the newer T-Mobile ST SIMs. Your Focus 2 will not get 4G unless you live in a T-Mo refarmed area which it sounds like you don't. You need to get a T-Mo windows phone or buy an ATT ST SIM off of ebay. I just sold two for $50 each and that was on the low side. ATT ST SIMs are worth their weight in gold now.
    I don't understand why Straight Talk's AT&T SIMS are so expensive on eBay when you can get Net10 AT&T SIMs for 99 cents. It's the exact same service. I bought some of these and they work just fine:
    Net10 Sim Card Factory SEALED Brand New at T Network | eBay
    06-25-2013 02:34 PM
    because Net10 is policy limited to 1.5Gb of data and ST ATT sims are unlimited. ST is also $5 a month cheaper and that's before you even start finding cheap refills. I refilled ST at $36 a month.
    06-25-2013 02:46 PM
    because Net10 is policy limited to 1.5Gb of data and ST ATT sims are unlimited. ST is also $5 a month cheaper and that's before you even start finding cheap refills. I refilled ST at $36 a month.
    By my understand ST is "unlimited", meaning that it's unlimited until they decide that you've used enough data. I went with Net10 specifically because you know exactly how much you can use. Net10 is also $45 a month if you auto refill, and if you add family members to your plan then their auto refill is $40 a month. Not bad at all, though I guess $36 a month is still better.
    06-25-2013 03:17 PM
    whatever, I've pulled down gigs of data a month and had no problems. I've grown tired of people holding that out against straight talk. If Net10 let me tether on that 1.5Gb I'd consider that but I can count the number of times on my hand I've had a need to do that.
    06-25-2013 03:38 PM