Disappointed with windows phone :(

KShahrizan

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi.. i use nokia lumia 610, with windows phone 7.8.. Honestly, i really love this phone and this OS. I love the user interface and its smoothness. I thing it is better than android and iOS.

However, i quite dislike the apps availabe at the marketplace.. Basically, i can say that not many popular apps available on the marketplace. Instagram is one of it.

One more thing is because i feel not important.. More apps are coming only for windows phone 8.. This is not fair and i feel cheated with this. I like windows phone 8, but in future, i dont think i am going to use windows phone anymore, though i really like the smoothness.. I am sure a lot of other users feel the same..

Really hope windows phone can improve this problem. If things change, then im sure i will stay with windows phone..

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah pretty much agree. After im done with WP7, I doubt I'll stick with windows phones. But I may still use this phone for another year

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi.. i use nokia lumia 610, with windows phone 7.8.. Honestly, i really love this phone and this OS. I love the user interface and its smoothness. I thing it is better than android and iOS.

However, i quite dislike the apps availabe at the marketplace.. Basically, i can say that not many popular apps available on the marketplace. Instagram is one of it.

One more thing is because i feel not important.. More apps are coming only for windows phone 8.. This is not fair and i feel cheated with this. I like windows phone 8, but in future, i dont think i am going to use windows phone anymore, though i really like the smoothness.. I am sure a lot of other users feel the same..

Really hope windows phone can improve this problem. If things change, then im sure i will stay with windows phone..

It must be annoying for those 7.8 users however I don't think Microsoft would fragment the platform again, no reason to.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First, Instagram is supported by third party apps. Instance is the one my wife and I use. Most times it it free to upgrade to WP8. My wife and I got our Lumia 920's and didn't pay a penny for them.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
If you've had your phone for a while, it may be time to get yourself a model that is WP8. If you've just gotten this phone (probably free on contract, or fairly cheap outright purchase), than this is a known issue with WP7 devices. Microsoft changed the kernel of the OS between wp7 and wp8, so apps that were built for wp7 will work on wp8, but apps built for wp8 only, cannot be run on wp7. Sadly, the WP os didn't start gaining traction until wp8 came out, so most devs are developing for wp8.

Feel free to switch to another OS, be it iOS, Android, or WP8, but the situation for WP7 is NOT going to get any better.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Apps aren't built for both WP7 and WP8 because of screen resolution issues that might appear if the app was targeted mainly to WP7 (long black bar on 16:9 WP8 devices). Another issue is that most devs simply don't have the resources to target both so they will target where they see more potential which is WP8.

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a L610, sat next to me as i play with my new L925. I bought my 610 almost a year ago, just as WP8 was announced and got jealous of all the people with a 920. But now i feel like WP8 is a completely different operating system, not got used to everything and there are some glitches with 925's but the 7/8/920 phones are so good i would of got either of them if the 925 hadn't of been announced.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i think that alot of people who have a wp7.x phone that are very hesitant to get a wp8 are scared that they will be left out like wp7. A lot of things were promised to wp7 users and not many things actually came through. i had to manually update to 7.8 because my last update was 7720. i am holding off on getting a wp8 until i see how things go. I love my sammy focus and the os. yea there are things i would like to see on there but we have stuck around with wp so that means its more than apps and features that we like about it.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
When it comes to Gadgets of any kind, a little research goes a long, long way.

The Windows Phone App situation is well known, seeing as it's mentioned is almost every review of every WP device.

You've either been sitting on these complaints for a while, or got a 7.8 recently and didn't know what you were getting in terms of future proofing. That's kinda on you.

jimmy jacob

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Earlier I was ok with WP even without a bluetooth and all. But now I feel totally screwed by WP and ms . The reasons are
1 no Skype update ,while all other os have it
2 all good games are paid and now the latest is MS is bringing games free to android and IOS but nothing for WP
3 completly discarded wp7.8 users we don't even have a temple run, my iPod which brought 1 yr before I bought my WP is able to handle temple run2 and all latest games but not WP

The thing I can't understand is why MS is discarding its own OS and giving everything to others like google who don't even care to give WP a YouTube application. This is really pathethic and I feel like the time is here to discard WP and go with others

Come on everybody all of us together drop WP and stop supporting MS who don't care about their customers...

Greedy MS , money eaters bye bye

SgtBigRig

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Dont feel bad, I bought an unlocked Samsung focus 2 weeks ago. Ofc to my surprise most apps are not support for 7.8. Im seeing if theres a way to (Trade-Up).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99