Windows Phone 7.9?

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
When the 7.8 version was announced, I remember that it was said a number of updates would be on the way after the 7.8 update.
Well, looks like nothing as of now. What do you guys think? Will there be any more updates for legacy devices?
I sure hope so...maybe a notification center for us as well...

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
As of now, there are no rumors at all about a 7.9. I would expect minimal updates at this point and hope to be pleasantly surprised if there is anything more than that.

EKINGX

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Most phones in the US will never get updated to WP 7.8, 7.9 is a pipe dream. Microsoft and third party app developers don't even bother with WP7 anymore, it's a dead platform.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
this will never happen. Belfiore couldn't even keep the promise that all 7.5 devices would get 7.8...Microsoft should have bypassed the carriers completely.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That's the reason I don't upgrade to wp8, I want to see of they keep their word on updates, if the same thing happens to wp8 that happened with wp7 ill drop WP for good, we were promised so many things and barely got anything, which sucks cuz I love my Sammy focus and how WP works but there's still alot of things they need to work on
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

aneesalthaf

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I am using Samsung OmniaW (focus). I love the phone.But so sad that Microsoft literally dumped the WP 7.5 users..we are the pioneers who welcomed the WP phones to the market.It was not a big hit but Microsoft just abandoned and Samsung also stopped making Windows phones.The main reason I choose WP is that, the provision of update bt sadly its dead platform now.If we buy a new phone with WP8, what is the guarantee that, we will be taken care by Microsoft. Perhaps a new WP9 will come and they would dump the WP8 in future.

ok ,Let us think positive, that WP8 will sustain.. If we are going to buy WP8 phone, our choice is only Nokia.All Samsung users know that , Nokia's build quality and performance is much less than Samsung products and Price is also high.Second option is HTC, bt we wont find a medium range phone in HTC series.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans