Bing Translate can't translate while offline

Tommaso Giova

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to go on a very long trip in China and I'd like to have an offline Chinese-English translation app: Bing Translate works fine while I'm connected, but when I try to donwload a language pack - every language pack - it always says:
Impossibile connettersi. Attualmente non ? possibile eseguire il download. Riprova pi? tardi.​
Which is the italian for:
It is impossibile to establish a connection. Can't download new, try again later.
I'm using a Nokia Lumia 800 updated to Windows Phone 7.8
Is there a way to manually download a language pack? Are there any others alternative apps for offline translating?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, in this case i really don't know what to do :unhappysweat:

Microsoft has a Translator app, which can translate some languages offline if you download the languages. Languages include: simplified Chinese, German, Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese. The offline translation works for text input and images, but not for voice input.

Check out "Translator" for Windows Phone http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=2cb7cda1-17d8-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

Edit: I corrected the link to the store.

Last edited:

Tommaso Giova

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
That's the app I'm trying to get to work right now. I know his name is "Translator", but Bing is written in the app logo so I guessed the complete name was Bing Translator.
Anyway, I'm talking about Translator :smile:

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I had trouble downloading language packs: for some strange reason, I couldn't download when battery saver was on. So I started downloading languages when my phone was charging. Im using a lumia 800 on WP 7.8 too.

Tommaso Giova

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I had trouble downloading language packs: for some strange reason, I couldn't download when battery saver was on. So I started downloading languages when my phone was charging. Im using a lumia 800 on WP 7.8 too.
IT WORKS!
I just disabled battery saver and tried once again: I'm now finally downloading Chinese-English offline dictionary.
Thanks a lot mpt15

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon