IE storing internet history

dekor

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Morning All,

Have a strange problem on my Lumia 900. Basically IE is storing history despite the setting being unticked. So if I clear history, visit a page, close IE, relaunch, start typing, bang, previous websites listed above address bar.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance.

dekor

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
As in a factory reset? Is there any good guides on restoring after factory reset? E.G getting all contacts back (linked as well), files, music, installed applications.

shane francis

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
yes factory reset. and as for contacts, log in to your windows live ac using the peoples hub and just leave your cellular data on for a few mins. you can turn it off after that. once youve resetted it..log into your nokia ac the first time it asks you to. your contacts wil get restored immediately..

as for your apps..you just have to download them again.

dekor

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Will photos/music automatically synch if I connect phone to Zune after reset or will I have to manually send files to phone again?

shane francis

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
it will synch to zune. you dont have to add that later. just make sure you dont delete them from the pictures folder on your pc by disabling the "delete pictures from my folders" option in the synch settings tab

dekor

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Well hard reset didn't fix issue and Microsoft have confirmed that you can't disable storing of visited websites on IE mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss