phone lock pinned to start screen?

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
is there a way to have the phone lock pinned to the start screen? I need something that can do this because theres times i need to password lock my phone and i would like it to be easy to access instead of going thru the settings menu and stuff. This is my dilema. While im at work i usually dont get reception in most of the building but when im inside the truck or in certains parts i get reception so thats when i get the notifications but most of the time its when im inside the truck offloading it and the phone is in my pocket. I have dialed people, removed tiles and a whole bunch of other things. It gets pretty annoying because it takes me most of my break or lunch to get my phone how i had it. any suggestions? TIA.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The thought that in your pocket you:
1) hit the power button
2) create contact with your skin or something
3) swipe up the full 1-2 inches to unlock the screen.
That alone is impressive enough, haha.

But, I am not sure what you were trying to explain with the story about the reception and truck...your situation and how it affects how you actually use the phone.

What hardware do you have? Nokia 900? Samsung Focus? HTC Titan? Your best bet is to get a case or sleeve for your phone so the buttons on the side are hidden more.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a samsung focus.
i work at a retail store and people with at&t dont get reception there. Im in the receiving department and i go inside the trailers and take the boxes out. Usually in the truck i can get reception, thats when i get notifications its usually from text messages and facebook (the power button doesnt get hit) and somehow the swipe happens and things happen on my phone usually i catch it when i hear the voice command options telling me things. I know its weird but it does happen. If i was able to screen cap i would.

shane francis

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung focus.
i work at a retail store and people with at&t dont get reception there. Im in the receiving department and i go inside the trailers and take the boxes out. Usually in the truck i can get reception, thats when i get notifications its usually from text messages and facebook (the power button doesnt get hit) and somehow the swipe happens and things happen on my phone usually i catch it when i hear the voice command options telling me things. I know its weird but it does happen. If i was able to screen cap i would.

wear loose fitting jeans man.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a samsung focus.

Great phone. I get what you are saying now...BECAUSE the notifications pop up...when they are on the screen for those 3 seconds, the phone no longer needs a button push and only needs the swipe to unlock.

But I don't remember my Samsung working through fabric but it could if the fabric in your pocket was thin enough (It would have to be bumping your leg to simulate the swipe).

So Solutions...

Software: You could put a Pin for access on it. So when you get the text you would ALSO have to enter a pin. You aren't going to accidentally get that correct, haha. Or, you could always just put the phone into Airplane mode, and put it back into normal mode when you are on your break. Basically like a "do not disturb" mode.

Physical: You could always get some sort of slip case for it. You could also put it in your back pocket since the jean material will be less likely to allow your skin to activate it (you most likely aren't sitting for work unless you work a forklift at times) or you could put it in your pocket with the screen facing out, away from your leg.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think its probably sweat that helps on it being swiped.

Back to my questions is there an app or a way to pin the lock function so its fast to lock and unlock instead of going thru the menu?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Back to my questions is there an app or a way to pin the lock function so its fast to lock and unlock instead of going thru the menu?

But...you can't get any faster than swiping up...that is what you do to unlock the phone...and you can't change that. The lock screen is always there, no matter what.

Maybe....I think you saying you want a fast way to pin the "password" or "PIN" toggle? And you want to turn a password on only while you are at work? You want to pin the PIN, haha.

Try this one...

Settings Plus | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You try that app? Did it have that function?
(I know I could just try it...but I am weird about my Store history...I don't like getting apps that I know I won't at least use for a bit...stupid really, haha)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't found the answer yet, there is no app, probably because its a restricted function by the OS, that allows you to "lock" your phone by a pinned app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa