Things i can't do on my Lumia 800

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
You can mute the camera sound by going to Settings then "Ringtones & Sounds" and scrolling down to the bottom. You'll see a section that says "Play a sound for" and then there are a few check boxes. Uncheck "Camera shutter."

For YouTube videos, m.youtube.com works fine for me.

Aniket Kushare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
1. I can't send/receive MS Office files via Bluetooth (a stupid phone with bluetooth and without internet access makes me helpless)
(Also, say i need to present a ppt on a particular PC/laptop, that is connected to a projector, how am i supposed to send the ppt to the PC/laptop?)

That's a disadvantage of WP, you need the Internet for a lot of things... And with the limited functionality of the WP 7.x developer APIs, there's probably not going to be an app for this.

2. I can't capture screen/ munch screen (such a headache not being able to save images of maps or highest scores in my phone)

You cannot capture screen natively on WP 7.x phones, but there is a sideloadable tool to do so. It requires you being able to install app files (.xap) directly from the developer to your phone, but you're going to need a developer license. I think I heard Microsoft opening up the license limitation and letting everyone sideload a couple apps for free, but I can't retrieve the link and I'm not 100% positive it also covers WP 7.x.

3. I can't crop a pic immediately without using an app (need at least a whole minute to crop, save send it via bluetooth to someone)

In the default Camera application on all Windows Phone devices, there is a cropping/rotating function built in. After you snap a picture, swipe left to see that picture, and in the menu bar below, there should be a cropping icon that allows you to do those things.

4. I can't view Youtube videos (says i need to have a flash player)

You don't need flash player at all to view YouTube videos on your phone! You can...
1) Make sure you're visiting m.youtube.com... (or did they cripple YouTube for WP users and pull a Google on us again?)
2) Download a YouTube application, and my two recommendations are myTube (paid, and a limited trial)and MetroTube (completely free with full version on Try, but you can donate to the developer by Buying the app..

5. I can't connect to online people for messaging. (says can't connect to see who's online)

If you're trying to use Facebook chat, you can either use the Facebook app's chat function, or use IM+ (of course there's more, but no need to list them all). The integrated Facebook chat features are crippled now because of Facebook API changes that broke it... :(

6. I can't stop the sms/whatsapp notification on top (heart ache while playing a game or while doing something else where i wouldn't like to be distracted.)

You can disable this by turning on Battery Saver from the Settings, which basically tries to save battery and disables Push Notifications in the process. A nifty trick I learned myself :)

7. I can't make the camera sound mute. (click click click... why won't it mute??

Don't think there's a real, practical workaround for that... You can try installing another camera app and see if that one fits you and doesn't make a shutter sound, or you can just mute your phone's volume when you try to take a picture (which is quite inconvenient, I'm sorry)...

1,2,5. That's unfortnate! Helpless Still :|
3,7. Tried everything. doesn't work. only sharing options, delete and Applications and Auto Fix
4. Metrotube is Amazing! Thanks a Million for the App. Must for all i guess.. :)
6. Again a Great Help. :) Great Trick. :)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
he's right. 7.8 can't make screenshots unless you install a custom rom

What custom rom? I don't think a custom rom for wp7 screenshots even exists.

I'm rocking wp7.8 on the Htc Trophy. You kinda just need to accept the shortfalls and move along. I'm still happy with this phone, and I will be happy to upgrade to a wp8 in a month. I knew was I was paying for when I got this phone on launch day.

David Lolohea

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
What custom rom? I don't think a custom rom for wp7 screenshots even exists.

I'm rocking wp7.8 on the Htc Trophy. You kinda just need to accept the shortfalls and move along. I'm still happy with this phone, and I will be happy to upgrade to a wp8 in a month. I knew was I was paying for when I got this phone on launch day.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPAXwGD-3Qw
HHere'sthe link its a side loaded app for home brew, there's alot more features they can do :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs