Skype drops its API for a new improved one but...

anon(5642404)

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA...rking-with-skype-in-december-2013-why-is-that

Ok so Skype is finally after almost 10 years, dropping its stupid p2p API in exchange with a new improved,probably server-based code
that will be more instant and mobile friendly but, what about people like me who are still rocking a HD7 with 7.8?
Since there'll be api changes that means the wp7 app will stop working and the even worse news is that skype announced that it wont further update the app for wp7.
That's sad cause microsoft should supposedly support wp7 till the middle of 2014 and to be honest i really dont find any reason updating to a wp8 but this will force me...
What do you guys think?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully because of this change they will update the app one last time for you guys but who knows really as there aren't many of you know. When will you be upgrading to WP8?

Also it says "The Desktop API was created in 2004 and it doesn?t support mobile application development. We have, therefore, decided to retire the Desktop API in December 2013." So maybe they didn't use it for mobile apps because it says they don't support it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3