WP7 Instagram

Claire Smith

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been an instagram user for a while now and was over joyed that they were going to release the official app for WP but when the day came (after weeks of excitedly waiting) it was only for WP8 :'(.

I might have to delete my account now because I can't block followers etc from instagraph. Was anyone else really disappointed by this? Disappointed in you WP- when I renew my contract I will think again.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As a WP7 user, I had long since accepted that WP8 was going to be supported and advanced, and that by 2014-ish, WP7 was going to be forgotten. Already I have noticed fewer and fewer app updates on my L900. Not even remotely surprised that the top end apps- Instagram, Vine, so on so forth- are for WP8. It just makes sense.

As for the new contract, that is up to you. I love WP, and am excited for the new wave of devices with High def screens, top end processors, and the support coming with them. The arrow is pointing up on WP, and I am excited to be a part of it.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
May be falling for Troll Bait here but WTH:

OP: WP7 is for the most part dead. You cannot expect any developer to write for a platform that so few people are still using.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Claire. I agree entirely with snowmutt. WP8 will always be the platform that will be developed for going forward. You will find that it is not always just down to developers choosing to develop a certain app for WP8 and not WP7. WP8 gives developers a lot more features of the Operating System that they can use and work with, so apps are generally better and more fully featured with WP8 than they physically can be on WP7. As he also says, you are free to pick whichever phone you want next, but hopefully you'll give WP8 a try, especially if you liked how WP7 ran :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12