Unable to sync Yahoo mail...

p_f22

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I am unable to sync my Yahoo mail account with my HTC Radar phone running Win7.5... it's been fine for over a year, but this morning I can't sync at all.

I deleted the account from the phone and then set it up again.

The phone keeps asking for the account password, then tells me it's syncing, but nothing ever updates.

Does anyone have any ideas?!

Thanks!

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow... I'm not the only one having issues with this. I have a Lumia 810. Won't take my password at all... I am rather perplexed. Maybe this is a change on Yahoo's side?

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I am too.. my Nokia 920 hasn't synced since last night. I've checked that the password is correct by logging in using the web browser on the phone.. but the email just dies, nothing in/out

bahamut443

May 18, 2013
Visit site
This is happening to me too! It's frustrating as all hell. I have no issued syncing via my old iPhone, the Windows 8 mail app or the official W8 Yahoo app. I can even sign in with IE for WP8. :(

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
This is a killer for me. I figured maybe I could resetup.. I'm using a Nokia 920, so I'm on WP8, but I can't figure out (or get it) to delete the account so I can re-add it. I don't even see an option now to delete the account

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem for over a year I ended up giving up my yahoo its a problem with the site because I couldn't log I on the site either I had the right pw too

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

wleungtx

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I finally found a solution that works... for now.

Somehow an email within the last few days caused this "Sync Issue". So I deleted my Yahoo Mail account from my Windows phone, used my PC to move all my emails to the Archive folder and only leave the ones from today. Then I added back my Yahoo Account at my windows phone. The sync works now without complaining anymore more nor asking for password anymore.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Geoff, you don't. The emails are only there on your phone temporarily like a hotel on vacation. Where they really live is on the email providers server in a cold room somewhere.THIS is the onliest (it IS a word) reason you are able to access your emails from almost anywhere. So in a nutshell, you can't, but you don't have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans