WP 7.8 live tiles doesn't work

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 800 running Windows Phone 7.8 and not all of my Live Tiles work.

The problem is my Facebook app. For the sake of testing, I have installed 3 FB apps: "Facebook" by Microsoft, "Facebook Beta" by Microsoft and "JDB Faebook Pro". Facebook Beta is stuck on 1 notification and the 2 others show nothing. And no matter what I do they won't change. :/

Any ideas how to fix this?

My unofficial Snapchatclient (Swapchat), my weather app and all my system apps work as intended.

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So far that's more apps working then I had on my titan II and I was never able to fix the problem, as soon as you can I say upgrade to wp8 everything works notification wise

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So far that's more apps working then I had on my titan II and I was never able to fix the problem, as soon as you can I say upgrade to wp8 everything works notification wise

Yeah well I hear what you are saying, but a new phone is not on the top of my priority list at the moment. It would have been nice if Microsoft would at least have made sure things work on 7.8 now that they decided to abandon their early adopters... I have tried all sorts of settings, enabling here and there but nothing works.

On 7.x, the settings for live tiles are placed both within the specific app and in the settings menu so you have to go 2 places to activate and manage a live tile. Is that the same in WP8?

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes it the same but it asks you upon start up of the app if you want to allow notifications and back round information (live tile) up to fifteen and in the settings under applications you can choose to discontinue an app in favor of another or just to extend battery life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss