Why are people still using wp7

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I mean there's lumia 820 and 920 that is like a direct update to 800 & 900. Look in amazon, they have gone cheaper. Please stop suffering and upgrade :'(

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There also may still be some that are on contract from the L900 or other WP7 phone. Then there are others that may not feel the need to upgrade yet. You must think of a phone as a tool. If the tool is still doing it's job then why replace it? The second statement would certainly fit those that have to pay full price for their devices.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Only $235 dollars you say? Awesome, why doesn't everyone get one? In fact, why don't we all fly to the moon on our jet-pigs and drink champagne from hollowed out dinosaw bones coated in gold and platinum?

Not everyone lives in the same socio-economic bubble, not everyone can pull hundreds of dollars out of their pockets at the drop of a hat. Not everyone lives in America, not everyone is rich, not everyone wants that phone.

That's why.

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't going to down size from 4.7in on my titan so I waited for the 1520, my contract was up just before windows phone 8 released :p

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Only $235 dollars you say? Awesome, why doesn't everyone get one? In fact, why don't we all fly to the moon on our jet-pigs and drink champagne from hollowed out dinosaw bones coated in gold and platinum?
Priceless!!!!!
Not everyone lives in the same socio-economic bubble, not everyone can pull hundreds of dollars out of their pockets at the drop of a hat. Not everyone lives in America, not everyone is rich, not everyone wants that phone.

That's why.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I still have my 800 because I still have a contract for it. I could buy for example a 920 of contract, but IMO it's too old, so I'm waiting for the 929 to come to Sweden, or maybe the 1520

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

That's why.

I live in the UK so it doesn't seem like that much but if you are in america, i understand

sianto

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
It's expensive, and it's not that much better. (Got a free 8x, and I gave it away, just like my Titan)

You can better get a BB10 phone.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Contracts on WP7.5/7.8 phones may still be locked. I know my contract on my original Titan just recently ended. I remember buying it Black Friday weekend, actually. Either $1 or $0.01, can't remember. Haha.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There also may still be some that are on contract from the L900 or other WP7 phone. Then there are others that may not feel the need to upgrade yet. You must think of a phone as a tool. If the tool is still doing it's job then why replace it? The second statement would certainly fit those that have to pay full price for their devices.

My contract isn't up for another 3 months. I'll get the latest new WP8 device with new contract and subsidy at that time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

docsp2

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Omnia7 : You can change the battery, it can fall on solid ground and will not crash and has an Amoled Display. On many new Windows8 Devices you will miss this.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was lucky i had an unlocked titan on a 24 month contract then one day just dreaming about getting a wp8 i happened to come across an 8x for ?159.99 right i thought bite the bullet and see if i can get as much for my titan as i have just paid out and boom sold it for exact same money. Would have loved a Nokia at the time but funds wernt available having kids and a wife lol. So if it wasn't for me being very lucky that day i would still be using wp7 although i still miss my titan, wp7 and zune :-(

KoreyTM

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I mean there's lumia 820 and 920 that is like a direct update to 800 & 900. Look in amazon, they have gone cheaper. Please stop suffering and upgrade :'(

The contract for my Lumia 900 ended in October, but it works fine for me at this point. I'm waiting for the new year to see what Nokia has in store for Window Phone 8.1. I'd prefer to buy a WP 8.1 device as soon as they come out instead of waiting for the upgrade on, say, a Lumia 920.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle