Why are people still using wp7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a handful of big names Apps that are on WP8 and not on 7.5/7.8.

The reason I ask is because the HTC Titan 2 is still one of my favorite phones. If I didn't have the luxury of buying a few new phones every year I would be happy using a Titan 2, as long as the apps I use were compatible. The OP acts as if using WP 7.5 is cruel and unusual punishment..

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The reason I ask is because the HTC Titan 2 is still one of my favorite phones. If I didn't have the luxury of buying a few new phones every year I would be happy using a Titan 2, as long as the apps I use were compatible. The OP acts as if using WP 7.5 is cruel and unusual punishment..

Yeah, I just came from the original Titan a few months ago. Now 1020. Even though the 1.5Ghz single core of the Titan didn't feel slow, at the tine, the 1020 definitely feel like a more powerful device. Beyond that, my Titan never got 7.8 and I didn't feel like chancing it and loading it myself. So 7.5 tiles feel a bit dated compared to the layout ability of 7.8/8. Beyond that, and the small handful of Apps I couldn't use, my Titan is perfectly usable. I'm sure I could hand it right to a less tech savvy family member and they'd think it was a great phone.

But yeah, coming from WP8 and my 1020, I would be annoyed moving back now. WP8 is really nice.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
How 'bout a Q10? Have you seen what they're going for on feeBay and Amazon? I'm just learning to wean myself from physical keyboards because of this. If only the Dell Venue Pro had Internet Sharing and a decent camera.

no thanks.

only windows phone for me.

i stayed with windows XP for 12 years+, and haven't updated most of my systems yet. only 2 computers i have run windows 7.

i will stay with my phone until it breaks, and is no longer supported. until a few months ago. i had a feature phone
that lasted for 4 years. i can wait another 6+ years before upgrading my phone if i have to.

there is nothing compelling about switching to windows 8 phone at all. there are no apps that i use,
or games, or anything else that only run on 8 that i would use. and besides, they'll probably be on
windows 9 or 10 by the time i will think about getting another phone.

later

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You know what's funny about posts like these and the OP? They spend all of their money on the latest phones so they can feel superior to people on the interwebs. Yet in real life, they are in debt, they have garnished wages , bad teeth and live in their cars. I was stuck on 7 because ATT wouldn't let me upgrade halfway through my contract even though I have been with them when they were Cellular One then Cingular then ATT, basically since 1997. I just recently upgraded to 8 only because we now have instagram. If this platform wasn't getting it, I would have been a sheep. Sad but true. I know a lot of people who are still using flip phones and iphone 3's. It works for them. So be it. There are still people who don't have internet in their homes. But at least they can pay their bills and be productive members of society. If you judge someone by the type of phone they have, I feel sorry for your sex life, or lack thereof.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You know what's funny about posts like these and the OP? They spend all of their money on the latest phones so they can feel superior to people on the interwebs. Yet in real life, they are in debt, they have garnished wages , bad teeth and live in their cars. I was stuck on 7 because ATT wouldn't let me upgrade halfway through my contract even though I have been with them when they were Cellular One then Cingular then ATT, basically since 1997. I just recently upgraded to 8 only because we now have instagram. If this platform wasn't getting it, I would have been a sheep. Sad but true. I know a lot of people who are still using flip phones and iphone 3's. It works for them. So be it. There are still people who don't have internet in their homes. But at least they can pay their bills and be productive members of society. If you judge someone by the type of phone they have, I feel sorry for your sex life, or lack thereof.

Don't hold back, tell us how you truly feel.

Ever stop to think these are young kids who probably still live at home and have no other responsibilities? Or, people who have busted their butts to gain a meaningful trade or a marketable degree and have good paying jobs? Not everybody is in hock to their eyeballs so they can afford some token luxuries. Some of us are wise with our spending and have access to some of the finer things without living in eternal debt. It seems you are judging a bit yourself.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site

Ever stop to think these are young kids who probably still live at home and have no other responsibilities? Or, people who have busted their butts to gain a meaningful trade or a marketable degree and have good paying jobs? Not everybody is in hock to their eyeballs so they can afford some token luxuries. Some of us are wise with our spending and have access to some of the finer things without living in eternal debt. It seems you are judging a bit yourself.

I didn't care for the original post but I must agree with this one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

I'm allowed to judge. It's how the community is here. There's bashing of win 7 users all over this damn board. Who cares what someone uses? I posted on the 520 forum and asked if instagram worked on it and was immediatley told to get 6tag instead. I hate 6tag. I'm not going to suck a developer's **** like every else on here does. The only reason I stayed on WP was because of the vine's and instagram's of the world. If I wanted 3rd party apps I'd by a tracphone from Qvc.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm allowed to judge. It's how the community is here. There's bashing of win 7 users all over this damn board. Who cares what someone uses? I posted on the 520 forum and asked if instagram worked on it and was immediatley told to get 6tag instead. I hate 6tag. I'm not going to suck a developer's **** like every else on here does. The only reason I stayed on WP was because of the vine's and instagram's of the world. If I wanted 3rd party apps I'd by a tracphone from Qvc.

So because it's a developed by a 3rd party it must be inferior?

I have to say that's literally one of the stupidest bits of logic I've seen today. Congrats, you win.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm certainly not bashing you as I prefer WP7 myself (Titan). But I'm certainly not a meth-head on welfare living in a trailer park in Alabama.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm certainly not bashing you as I prefer WP7 myself (Titan). But I'm certainly not a meth-head on welfare living in a trailer park in Alabama.

Hey, hey, hey.?.easy on the Alabama bashing. I was born and raised here. We may be 49th in education (thank God for Mississippi) but we can definitely play some football, right?

Anyway, I prefer 6tag over the IG beta app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
See, some of us in Alabama actually have all of our teeth...

Attachments

• 251220_2135441149404_7995561_n.jpg
    251220_2135441149404_7995561_n.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 24

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the 900 - what a solid machine and great with battery. I got the 7.8 update before switching over to the 920, but I could totally see riding out a contract with a phone like the 900.

MrVol84

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I mean there's lumia 820 and 920 that is like a direct update to 800 & 900. Look in amazon, they have gone cheaper. Please stop suffering and upgrade :'(

There are two reasons and two reasons only:

- The person doesn't have the money to switch. (being locked in a two year contract is not a reason if you have the money, its an excuse, and an extension of the reason written below).

- The person doesn't really have a strong enough interest or need to switch.
There is my in-depth analysis of the situation and of your question. LOL! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb