ROM flashing for adding languages?

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I need to add Romanian language to a L900, but I have no ideea how. I saw something on XDA about lauguages, but I didn't find a Romanian specific file nor did I find something that I could personally translate to Romanian easily. I know it's doable somehow.

Suggestions ?

Sensonic

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I need to add Romanian language to a L900, but I have no ideea how. I saw something on XDA about lauguages, but I didn't find a Romanian specific file nor did I find something that I could personally translate to Romanian easily. I know it's doable somehow.

Suggestions ?

OK, there are two alternatives for that.

1) you have a phone with NoDo WP7 OS and haven't updated it to Mango yet? If you do have a phone either with WP7.5/8 OS, then you should roll back to NoDo, edit your phone's registry and thus add the required language code in there. But I presume you already have WP7.8 so skip to alternative #2:

2) take a look at this thread: [CAB] Official WP7 Updates List up to WP 7.8 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers
You should download UpdateWP and WP7 Update Cab Sender applications, extract/put them to C:\Program Files\Zune directory.
Then download all needed language packs (in your case Romanian language packs), put them to the aforementioned directory.

Then attach your phone to your computer. Zune tries to start but close it ASAP. Go to "Run", type CMD, then find the aforementioned directory. Type "updatewp/list". Your phone's name should appear. Then close the window. Go to the aforementioned directory and start "WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat". Type "B" 'coz you wanna have a backups of you phone in case something goes wrong. Then wait. Your phone will restart, the phone will be backcupped and after that the updates (your desired language packs) will be installed. After that the phone boots again and you have your desired language in your phone :D

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed response. I'll try this if I can convince my father if it's worth the risk. ^_^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos