Install HERE DRIVE to WP 7.5

Furballi

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 520, 521, and HTC Pi86100. *The 520/521 comes with WP8 and HERE DRIVE/MAPS. *Is it possible to install HERE DRIVE/MAPS to the HTC running WP 7.5? *With the 52x, I go to STORE/APP to select and install HERE DRIVE. *Is there a similar method with WP 7.5? *
I thought that HERE DRIVE/MAPS are also available for non-Nokia WP 7.5 smart phones.
TIA,
F

yeoldgreat1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Here drive is only for WP8 devices. Nokia WP7.5 devices can install Nokia Drive. It is essentially the same software with some missing features.

Furballi

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I know that HERE DRIVE/MAPS work for WP8. But I'm interested in running HERE DRIVE/MAPS on the HTC with WP 7.5. I've seen other HTC phones with WP 7.x and HERE DRIVE. But when I try to install HERE DRIVE for WP 7.5, the app would not load.

Also faced the same problem with the 52x WP 8 phones unless I install HERE by going into STORE/APP. Perhaps there's a similar technique for WP 7.5.

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
You will need a full unlocked rom where you can change oem marketplace to be able to install here maps or drive on a htc wp7, I have it on my Titan

Furballi

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Here drive is only for WP8 devices. Nokia WP7.5 devices can install Nokia Drive. It is essentially the same software with some missing features.

Do you know the exact procedure to install Nokia Drive? I clicked on the link below, but the app would not install. We have an HTC with WP 7.5. With WP 8, I have to go in STORE/APP to install HERE DRIVE. Is there a similar process for WP 7.5?

Nokia Drive | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Furballi

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
You will need a full unlocked rom where you can change oem marketplace to be able to install here maps or drive on a htc wp7, I have it on my Titan

Please provide more details/link about this process (change oem marketplace). The HTC Pi86100 phone is unlocked. Originally locked to AT&T. Now on T-Mobile.

Furballi

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
You can find everything you need on xda developers website, however am not sure they have cracked the boot loader for the Titan2 Pi86100 yet but worth you having a good read, HTC Titan - xda-developers

Thank you. So we need to "jailbreak" the HTC to install Nokia Drive because this app will only load on a Nokia phone running WP 7.5? It appears that my HTC Titan II is stuck with the original AT&T FW. Does this mean that I cannot install the Nokia Drive app?

TIA,
F

Last edited:

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Maps was only available for newer htc or Samsung devices running wp8, Have never seen it available in the store for wp7

titoyees

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, i was a wp 7.5 Samsung user, look what i did:

1. Force upgrade to wp 7.8 with SevenEigther.SevenEighter: Want Windows Phone 7.8 now? Try this easy tool (Update: Now supports 8862!) - Windows Phone Hacker
2. Jailbrake. The Complete Guide to Jailbreaking Windows Phone 7.8 (Updated March 26th) - Windows Phone Hacker
3. Install on your PC and phone "Windows Phone Device Manager" with that you can install app from PC to your Phone. TouchXperience - Mobile applications for Windows Phone & Windows Mobile
4. Download Nokia Drive+ from here Some Nokia Apps (actual versions) unlocked - xda-developers and install to your phone via your Windows Phone Device Manager...

Done!
(sorry about my english, is not my first language).

Furballi

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok, i was a wp 7.5 Samsung user, look what i did:

1. Force upgrade to wp 7.8 with SevenEigther.SevenEighter: Want Windows Phone 7.8 now? Try this easy tool (Update: Now supports 8862!) - Windows Phone Hacker
2. Jailbrake. The Complete Guide to Jailbreaking Windows Phone 7.8 (Updated March 26th) - Windows Phone Hacker
3. Install on your PC and phone "Windows Phone Device Manager" with that you can install app from PC to your Phone. TouchXperience - Mobile applications for Windows Phone & Windows Mobile
4. Download Nokia Drive+ from here Some Nokia Apps (actual versions) unlocked - xda-developers and install to your phone via your Windows Phone Device Manager...

Done!
(sorry about my english, is not my first language).

Thanks for your input. Do you have the HTC Titan II phone? Will the force upgrade to WP 7.8 work for any HTC phone running WP 7.5? My understanding is that a custom ROM is needed, but the HTC Titan II does not have a custom ROM.

titoyees

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input. Do you have the HTC Titan II phone? Will the force upgrade to WP 7.8 work for any HTC phone running WP 7.5? My understanding is that a custom ROM is needed, but the HTC Titan II does not have a custom ROM.

SevenEither upgraded without problem. Try install that on your computer and plug your phone. If there is not Wp 7.8 on Microsoft's servers it will not modify your phone. So just do the steps 2 - 4

titoyees

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

And here is the FAQ of the SevenEigther developer:
"Q: Is XXXX device supported? A: Yes. This is completely device independent. The update works using the UpdateWP created by Microsoft, so it's roughly the equivalent of Zune updating."

Furballi

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
SevenEither upgraded without problem. Try install that on your computer and plug your phone. If there is not Wp 7.8 on Microsoft's servers it will not modify your phone. So just do the steps 2 - 4

It appears that I cannot complete step 2 per your instruction because I have the HTC Titan II Pi86100.

Supported WP7S devices:
*Omega (HTC Radar C110e)
*Titan (HTC Eternity X310e)
HTC Radiant (Titan II) IS NOT SUPPORTED!

[DFT] HSPL for HTC WP7 Second Generation - xda-developers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99