Update for WP7 after 7.8

tausif97

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Isn't Microsoft being partial towards WP8 users.
Why Microsoft don't want to give update to WP7 users, Lumia 800 was the first device from nokia running on Microsoft OS we trusted it & bought it.

But now there is a a number of news and updates for WP8 & for WP7 it seems that WP7 doesn't exists.

We are stuck at a place where there is no update, neither we can install 3rd party app & even the bootloader is locked..

Microsoft should gives us atleast some update which includes notification centre, USSD support, rotation lock & Tile wallpapers, etc...

If Microsoft is not interested in giving update for WP7 users they should atleast allow us to install third party apps or have a unlocked bootloader..

This brings me to a very important question.
Has Microsoft forgot WP7 users ?
Then why did Microsoft announced that they will give support to WP7 till September 2014, just to gain the market?

I request you to please forward this message to the core department of Microsoft.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should gives us atleast some update which includes notification centre, USSD support, rotation lock & Tile wallpapers, etc....

So you're basically asking for all the updates that WP 8.1 provides ?
I don't know man, I hate to be the bringer of the bad news but yes Microsoft did forget about WP7 users just like Nokia forgot about Symbian users
When they say that they will continue to support WP7.x until 2014 doesn't mean they're obliged to update it.
I believe you should've known this a long time ago when Microsoft refused to provide WP8 for WP7 phones. My explanation is back then Microsoft was trying to force their customers to buy their products to gain ANY profit but right now since things are stable, I hope they don't do the same move again when they release the next big OS (WP9)
My second explanation is that Microsoft isn't Apple. Microsoft wont through you the WP 8.1 update when your phone cant handle it I think Microsoft can give you guys with WP 7.x the WP 8.1 update but they're scared of the hardware limitations ultimately leading to a laggy OS that takes forever to open just like you see in iPhone 4 with iOS 7+ update. these guys got the update but the phone is literally junk , do you get me ? my point is , you're better off with WP 7.x than a laggy WP 8.1

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
There is an update, it's called buy a new phone!!!!

Why would they update WP7 to include features from WP8.1, that clearly defeats the point of releasing WP8. You're going to have to face it sooner or later that WP7 is a dead OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro