How do I get a WP 7.8 update?

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've got a AT&T Samsung Focus which I pulled out of a drawer. It's WP 7.5. I tapped Settings/Phone Update and it says no update found. It doesn't have a SIM because the SIM is in my 920 but the Focus works fine on wifi. In fact, it updated 52 apps yesterday. How do I get the 7.8 update?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I've got a AT&T Samsung Focus which I pulled out of a drawer. It's WP 7.5. I tapped Settings/Phone Update and it says no update found. It doesn't have a SIM because the SIM is in my 920 but the Focus works fine on wifi. In fact, it updated 52 apps yesterday. How do I get the 7.8 update?
Connect your phone to your PC via Zune, and then check for updates(on the PC). If it says no update found, try using the WP7 hacker 7.8 update tool.I'll post the link shortly.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
@S Vaibhav, thanks, great info!

I connected to Zune and no luck, it says I'm up-to-date with 7.10 (7720). then I went to the windowsphonehacker site and wow, I didn't realize 7.8 was such a clusterfu*k. Was it because of AT&T and/or because the phone was too old? Apparently it wasn't only AT&T as I saw expletives for T-Mobile and Sprint.

I read through hundreds of posts on the update and not sure I want to go through the agony of all that. I'll think about it. But thanks again for the help

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
You're safe to update your focus using the 7.8 update tool,I tried it myself, and its the official update from Microsoft. You'll love the changes in 7.8 :)

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
did you start with 7720? and you are AT&T? did you have to go through the update like 5 times to bring it up one step at a time and each step looked like it crashed? that seemed to be a common theme in the thread

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
One suggestion, if you really want to update your focus with the correct firmware and drivers flash it to the Rogers firmware. Once you do that you will get updates for OS and firmware all the way through 7.8. Performance is obviously better than updating using the cab method as most of you might suggest since the Rogers rom comes with the latest firmware update and the best part about it is its unbranded! I've personally flashed it on my beloved Samsung focus and it had been working absolutely flawless!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
did you start with 7720? and you are AT&T? did you have to go through the update like 5 times to bring it up one step at a time and each step looked like it crashed? that seemed to be a common theme in the thread
Actually I'm in India, so no carrier interference, but I had to do the five times thingy too, before the update was shown.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Just set up my 4th Focus and still satisfied with "7.5" -as I patiently wait (in the US) for a 64gb Lumia 1020: even at 7.5, Nothing else tempts me away from a Focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss