Why can't I restore any Zune back-ups?

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have three back-ups of my WP7. All three apply to the stock retail ROM. Since then I had a different ROM, but I've changed it back to the stock ROM from the Samsung website.

Why might Zune 4.7 or 4.8 not want to restore the back-ups? I was under the impression that it should. There are no error codes. Step 3 simply doesn't happen.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean you go on Zune and attempt to restore to a previous version, or just that you have the latest of your updates saved, and can't get that to load back up?

I recently had to delete and reinstall the Zune player (on my computer, of course, not phone) due to a message and error from MS. I know they are starting to "dwindle down" their support for the Zune, and some firm ware updates came out recently. That was what caused my problem, forcing me to reinstall. Have you recieved ant notifications of any kind about your Zune player?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I will play around with that and see if I can get you an answer. I have never had to use the "restore" feature for any of my WP7's, so kinda new territory for me. Unfortunatly, this forum is filled with WP 8 users, as mobile enthusiasts tend to upgrade quickly. I may be among the last still on WP 7.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Zune and WP7.5 every day, but I'm afraid I don't know what precisely you are "backing up" and, more importantly, wanting to restore, nor to where. I also don't know to what your step 3-that-doesn't-happen refers. The only WP7 backups I have are what I passively have backed up by Microsoft through my account(s). I've had four Samsung Focus devices and each time I've just restored all my music by syncing with Zune, and restored all my contacts, mail, etc. my setting up my Hotmail/Outlook accounts. The only thing I haven't been able to restore -or learned how, is my text messages.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it has been forever since I posted. I have done a little playing around, and as far as I can tell the "restore my phone to a previous version" revolves around that last version having been completely saved prior to the phone updating to it's next version. The ONLY fault I have found talked about on MS forums or anywhere else is if it did not back up correctly to your Zune.

Are you still having problems?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos