Hi guys! Here is to the early adopters who one way or another are still stuck in WP7. Though I'm happy of how amazingly fast my phone still is!

But, I've been having a problem these last few days. Facebook chat just won't connect in the Messaging hub. At first I thought it was because of my poor 3G but as days went through I found out that it won't connect even in Wi-Fi. I've already disabled the Facebook chat and enabled it again, I even removed my Facebook account from my phone and added it again with no luck.

Is there a workaround? Or maybe Facebook changed some API which rendered the Facebook Chat unusable in WP7

Thanks
    05-18-2014 07:50 PM
    Try correcting your phone's date,time,language,region and turn location on.
    05-19-2014 02:16 AM
    Try correcting your phone's date,time,language,region and turn location on.
    After more than two weeks, it just fixed by itself, strange thing indeed
    06-03-2014 04:28 AM
    I was having this issue while using google chrome. Facebook chat could not connect. When I used internet explore on windows 10 the issue was corrected and chat was active. I think it's a google problem.
    02-01-2016 12:15 AM
    Having the same issue. But my Antivirus software (Kaspersky) flagged a certificate of authority issue and required permission to continue while using google chrome. The Certificate may be expired for chrome and closing the connection by proxy.
    02-01-2016 12:23 AM
    I was having this issue while using google chrome. Facebook chat could not connect. When I used internet explore on windows 10 the issue was corrected and chat was active. I think it's a google problem.
    Having the same issue. But my Antivirus software (Kaspersky) flagged a certificate of authority issue and required permission to continue while using google chrome. The Certificate may be expired for chrome and closing the connection by proxy.
    This is a thread for Windows Phone 7.

If you are having problems with Facebook on desktop Windows 10, please start a new thread here.
    02-01-2016 12:31 AM