How do I add apps on my HTC Titan manually?

Dir Val

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
How do i add apps on htc titan manually

i downloaded apps from my computer, how do i add them on my phone and install them?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do i add apps on htc titan manually

You can't do it that way. You have to use the Store app on your phone to download and install directly from the app store.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

You can't do it that way. You have to use the Store app on your phone to download and install directly from the app store.

That's 100% not true at all.

It's not for the feint of heart but you can sideload XAPs to the Titan (Windows SDK on your PC required). If you have the international version (X310e) it's much easier. If you have the AT&T version (X310a) you HAVE to use the "gold card" method and flash the 310e image, there's no other way around this. I've done 2 or 3 and have yet to brick any of them but I don't recommend it to inexperienced folks. The Dark Forces Team at XDA have the tutorials and the required downloadable files if you wish to do so.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

That's not the issue. Neither you or I know his level of expertise so I just presented facts instead of insinuating he's unintelligent.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I was not insinuating he was unintelligent. I was attempting to provide a useful answer, tailored to his level of expertise, which can easily be ascertained by looking at his post count (2), and his other post. He is new to this platform, and the information you provided, while perhaps 100% true, is totally irrelevant to him and possibly confusing.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Post count means nothing. By the time I joined WPC I had already done this procedure and was looking for more tips. We're here to help, not pre-judge.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

In response to someone who's only other post was "how do I get a windows live id?", I think it should be clear what he was looking for. But congrats, you demonstrated your vast knowledge of WP app development whilst simultaneously being condescending to someone genuinely trying to be helpful. Well done, sir.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

All I can say is that I am glad I didn't run into you when I first started on Windows Phone 7. Everybody deserves a chance to benefit from those who are more knowledgeable than them. That's what makes these forums work. You on the other hand, look up a person's post history and decide they're not worth the effort. And you call me condescending.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

And had I run into you, I would have determined that it is well nigh impossible to install apps on WP and would have run back to Android.

All I attempted to do was to help the fellow out, only to be blasted as "100% not true at all".

You, on the other hand, while 100% right, were 0% helpful in getting him the information he wanted.

If you still maintain he was looking to side load apps as a dev, then so be it. I'll stake my life otherwise.

I'm done. You may have the last word.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Gladly. The OP was looking to do exactly that.

"i downloaded apps from my computer, how do i add them on my phone and install them?"

I gave him the proper and correct information. There are no shortcuts on this. It's not easy and I mentioned as much to begin with. Maybe you don't have what it takes but he does, or at least wants to try. You weren't willing to give him the opportunity. Whether or not you want to admit it, you were wrong to tell him it can't be done because it can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb