04-17-2018 09:05 AM
66 123
tools
    I still use my Lumia 710 (and the 2nd is lumia 730), using for browsing (internet explorer) that's feel great and using for sms, it's fluid.
    the cons is only battery life, that's so sort.
    07-28-2015 10:44 PM
    My trusty L900 has been serving up my daily podcasts while driving to and from work since getting my 920/930.

Saves some battery time on my L930 and some space also. I prefer the built-in podcast app to any paid app, even on my 930, so no loss there. And I don't think there are any issues with WP7 or WP8 with respect to podcasts.

Also, for a couple of months now, I've loaded W10M on my L920 for testing and also podcasts/music.
    08-11-2015 03:17 AM
    A bit of an update.. Tried a few more phones in the meantime including Blackberry Torch 9810 (the only other good portrait slider smartphone still kinda available) and Amazon FirePhone (on the plus side excellent performance and more than enough app support but again no physical keyboard; I'd rather go with win 8 than android / android forks). In a weird way, I felt better about not giving my usage data to google (they already have everything else) and instead to blackberry and amazon, but again, you still gotta pick your poison. And in the end, I picked mine - good old Microsoft with the Dell, though I also upgraded to 7.8. Feel like going back to 7.5 (along with utshka's here maps). So I am going to try the LG Quantum this time. Just placed an order on ebay. It is also supposed to have one of the best SAR ratings (in case you need another reason to feel special) at <0.4 when most run > 1 with max permissible of 1.4 I think. Even though I am a very functionality oriented person and should have no problems with liking the extra rubberization on the quantum, the professional and elegant classy finish of the dell still give me reason to smile when I look at it. We'll see. And yes, I know the quantum is not a portrait slider. But I have a constant itch to try newer phones that are not expensive (and hence tend to be actually older new phones) and since I have learnt that physical keyboards are pretty much a given if I am going to like a phone even though I am not a heavy user of the keyboard, I thought I will give the quantum a try. Besides I do not have much of a choice there either :-).
    Neeraj Ashu likes this.
    08-30-2015 04:23 PM
    my LG quantum is giving me a SIM card error, after 2 years.

so i'm getting another replacement one, for $30 off ebay.

will stick with windows 7.8 and hardware keyboard.

however, if there is a bluetooth keyboard case, with windows 10 phone, i might switch,
    we'll see.

i'll keep this just for the ZUNE music integration though.

later
    xandros9, mk1129 and HeyCori like this.
    08-30-2015 05:56 PM
    Yes, I am. I have a Lumia 900 WP7. I find it really difficult to understand and manage the Zune software. So the phone is used for primary functions like call, SMS and taking photos.
    When I connect my phone to pc, the Zune s/w launches and starts sync automatically. I can see that the phone memory space is getting reduced from the "phone" tab every time I connect the phone to the pc. I am not sure where "collection" tab (folder) is residing. There are photos and videos in this folder which I want to manage without connecting the phone. If the folder is in the pc, I want to delete the pictures and videos in the phone safely.
    Secondly how do I use Zune s/w to delete the photos and videos in the phone.

Thanks

harijaya
    09-01-2015 11:18 PM
    My dell venue pro WP7 is on its way. Wish someone could figure out a way to install Windows 10 Mobile on it someday.
    11-05-2015 04:05 AM
    Yes, I started using my old samsung focus flash a week ago as a secondary device when my nokia lumia 1020 is charging. It still works surprising well. I only replaced it with the 1020 because it had water damage, which cause the battery life to be awful, even with a replacement battery. I did forget how small it was.
    11-15-2015 11:09 PM
    I still use Lumia 900 ( 2 years old device). It has poor battery life, but camera is still better than most new android phones
    11-16-2015 04:20 AM
    A LUMIA 800 just love that thing. I use it occasionally when my 1020 is charging. I listen to music sometimes, but they never fixed that low volume bug though. I love using zune its just beautiful.
    11-16-2015 04:28 AM
    My LG E900 optimus 7 is still alive too. Very nice.
    I use it as a hotspot
    11-17-2015 12:54 AM
    I have my wife and I's OG Focuses (Foci?) sitting in a drawer in my office. They both work, but they both suffered from finicky power buttons by the end of their daily service.
    11-19-2015 07:46 PM
    I'm still using my HTC 7 Pro which I bought about 4~5 years ago as a refurbished device (but good as new) to replace my HTC TyTN II. It has a slide out landscape physical keyboard and the screen pops up so its just like a miniature laptop (just like its predecessor) - ideal for watching pre-recorded wtv tv programs from my home pc when I'm on the train. Given that there are already other posts here from those with phones having 'proper keyboards', I really can't see why no manufacturers want to develop such a product again. I dropped it a few months ago and it has a crack in part of the casing and the very top of the screen (where you swipe to bring down the battery and reception indicators) is no longer touch sensitive but it still works and is very usable. If a manufacturer developed a Windows 10 phone with such a physical keyboard (or there was case developed which connected via Bluetooth and had a keyboard built in to work with one of these Win 10 'slab phones') then I'd be very interested in upgrading but it appears the manufacturers just don't want my money....
    01-02-2016 09:15 AM
    Sometimes I wish my 900 took a nano sim so I could take it on a roundtrip every once in awhile.
    01-08-2016 11:30 PM
    Yes, and I still doing development using Silverlight for her!
    HeyCori likes this.
    01-11-2016 02:25 AM
    So another 3 years later, my current lg c900 has a cracked screen, but it still works. Although only the bottom 2/3 of the screen is responsive.

So i'm getting another one as an even cheaper replacement for $20.

So now it has been 6 years of windows phone 7.5, and i'm still going.
    I thought about getting the Dell venue, but it has a smaller keyboard.

The HTC pro was too expensive, over $100, for that price might as
    well get a nokia lumia 1020.

later
    04-16-2018 05:02 PM
    Still have a HTC Arrive on sprint, that was used up to one year ago when I switched to Cricket. Nice phone with physical keyboard. Too bad it is sprint only.
    04-17-2018 09:05 AM
66 123